Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

A/F ratio problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/F ratio problem

Okay the deal is that I have a 2000 camaro with the afr 205 heads and the F13 cam. I went to dyno the car and pulled a maximum of 417 rwhp and was still running lean so we adjusted it and it did worse then went back with the previous program and it did worse than the time before and was told that I wasnt getting enough fuel and that it was either my fuel filter or my fuel pump was going bad. Is this all that it could be or is there a possiblity that the stock fuel injectors just arent cutting it. A lot of people are telling me that the stock fuel injectors are fine for a heads and cam car.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have them hook up a pressure gage to the fuel rail to see what pressure is doing at wot. If its been a year or more since you changed the fuel filter, or you've gotten some bad gas recently, it might be a good idea to change it anyway. Even if your injectors are working properly, they are being pushed beyond their design limits at your power levels. Did they tell you what your AFR was, or did they just say that it was lean? What method did they use to adjust the AFR? Were you picking up any Knock Retard during the dyno runs?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

check you're injector duty cycle. I can almost garuntee you that you are maxing out those 26lb injectors. If you are seeing 19-20ms pulse width at higher rpm then thats where you problem is.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well i have replaced the fuel filter after I heard that just because it is not that expensive to get. We were using LS1 edit when we were getting these numbers. And I want to say that the A/F ratio was like 13.4 to 1. I am going to have to find my dyno sheet from that day. And yes the tuner said that we were maxing out the injectors. The reason that he said it was maybe one of those two was because when he went back to the original program that got us the most power it didnt give the same readings it did from the time before when we read that program. He said that those were probably the case because my stock fuel injectors would be able to support the mods I have.