Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure Shot Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Shot Up

I just did a cam install this past weekend. Got the F14 in and a few things edited with HPTuners to make it run good. The car actually runs really well, trying to iron out some hot starts and idle down.
I noticed while driving to work today, which I don't do often, it's a 50 mile drive on the interstate, that toward the end of the trip my fuel pressure raised to about 70psi cruising in 6th, shot up to 80psi for a moment, I shifted gears to 5th, it dropped and raised between 65-70psi, and then after slowing down in traffic resumed to normal operating of 60-62psi.
What could this be. I have not changed anything related to the fuel system in HPTuners, only changed VE tables (Primary and Crank) so far. I haven't noticed this any other time so far. During the pressure spkie the car ran like nothing was wrong. Any ideas?
Old 05-26-2005, 02:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I presume this was an electric gauge and sender
type arrangement. That being the case, it could
well be all electrical related (like an intermittent
ground offset, chassis electrical rise vs block or
stuff like that) and nothing to do with actual fuel
pressure.

If this is an electric, might try and see whether
doing stuff like turning on A/C, headlights, other
chassis, dashboard & engine electrical loads perturbs
your readout. If so, it's gremlin hunting season.

If it's direct / fluid isolator then, um, I dunno.

Originally Posted by NVE THIS
I just did a cam install this past weekend. Got the F14 in and a few things edited with HPTuners to make it run good. The car actually runs really well, trying to iron out some hot starts and idle down.
I noticed while driving to work today, which I don't do often, it's a 50 mile drive on the interstate, that toward the end of the trip my fuel pressure raised to about 70psi cruising in 6th, shot up to 80psi for a moment, I shifted gears to 5th, it dropped and raised between 65-70psi, and then after slowing down in traffic resumed to normal operating of 60-62psi.
What could this be. I have not changed anything related to the fuel system in HPTuners, only changed VE tables (Primary and Crank) so far. I haven't noticed this any other time so far. During the pressure spkie the car ran like nothing was wrong. Any ideas?