Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some ideas

I have a racetronix in tank pump -8 line up to an aeromotive FI Bypass regulator Adj. From 30psi to 70psi. with a 1/8 npt auto meter 100psi gage. Here's that catch everything is brand new but when the car is running pressure does not drop below 62 psi. ??? I want to run it at 58 but I don't know why it wont drop below 62 I don't know what it can be faulty gage regulator or the pump doesn't let it run below that. If i adjust it It changes running condition like it should but I don't know the pressure. The gauge will go above 62psi But I don't even know if that is accurate. Just Need some Ideas My brain is fried as of right now.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's usually just that with the regulator wide open the pump is just so powerful it doesn't go lower.
Two ways around it would be a boost-a-pump to drop voltage to the pump (probably the best way),
or add a dead-head type regulator after your bypass regulator to drop the pressure again.

Dead-heads are normally a last resort because they work the pump harder (more load) and reduce your overall volume capacity supplied to the engine.

...or you could just adjust your tune for the minimal pressure. I've done that before and worked out well.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by white2001s10
It's usually just that with the regulator wide open the pump is just so powerful it doesn't go lower.
Two ways around it would be a boost-a-pump to drop voltage to the pump (probably the best way),
or add a dead-head type regulator after your bypass regulator to drop the pressure again.

Dead-heads are normally a last resort because they work the pump harder (more load) and reduce your overall volume capacity supplied to the engine.

...or you could just adjust your tune for the minimal pressure. I've done that before and worked out well.
Thanks alot I kind of figured since the pumps power comes directly from the alt. and not the reg factory harness that it might not be able to go lower than 62psi. Im just going to adjust my tune. I may add a boost a pump down the road. I want to work all the bugs out so that ill be able to drive and tune the thing ASAP.