Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronics/walbro (only 42PSI?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racetronics/walbro (only 42PSI?)

Just finished installing my ractronics wire harness and the walbro fuel pump that came with it and I only have 42psi. I was bad enough it did not come with any instructions but why only 42psi.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:08 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Just finished installing my ractronics wire harness and the walbro fuel pump that came with it and I only have 42psi. I was bad enough it did not come with any instructions but why only 42psi.

LT1 or LS1?

You have to e-mail them for instructions on it... Yeah its REALLY stupid, I asked Thunder about it and even they said it was stupid...
Old 09-03-2006, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

I found instructions online what a pain in the ***. And it is an LS1. Thanks
Old 09-03-2006, 09:36 PM
JUICED96Z

I found instructions online what a pain in the ***. And it is an LS1. Thanks

Yeah out of all the complaints they get and that people post you think they would sell it with the kit or at least put a card in the box telling you to e-mail them for instructions... Only pain is if you don't have a printer or its broke...
Old 09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
9 Second Club

Okay took for a ride this morning at idle I am at 40psi. Going down the road at 2000rpm it is at about 32PSI- (WTF) Sorry the search function is not working. What PSI are the walbro supposed to run at? You would think they would give atleast a trouble shooting guide or something.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

Okay took for a ride this morning at idle I am at 40psi. Going down the road at 2000rpm it is at about 32PSI- (WTF) Sorry the search function is not working. What PSI are the walbro supposed to run at? You would think they would give atleast a trouble shooting guide or something.
It should be between 55-60 psi at the fuel rail. 32 and 40 psi is way too low for an LS1 car. Racetronix is an internet based company so you will have to e-mail them for any support, but unless you find out it's a wiring problem, you will have to check the fuel pump hose connections.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:07 AM
9 Second Club

Is there any kind of a trouble shooting guide. Been searching forums and not finding my problem anywhere. I am really disapointed in this pump and this company. I am leaning torwards they are jackasses.
--no instructions--
--no trouble shooting--
--no phone #WTF--
Old 09-04-2006, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

Did you install the Racetronix PnP harness that connects between body harness and OEM harness? If so, I would unplug it and plug in the stock harness. Also, did you install the voltage booster that that connects to the alternator?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:36 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Did you install the Racetronix PnP harness that connects between body harness and OEM harness? If so, I would unplug it and plug in the stock harness. Also, did you install the voltage booster that that connects to the alternator?
Yes I installed plug and play harness. I hooked up to the alternater and I installed the new harness on to the the old plug and the new plug onto the fuel tank cover plug. I had 2 plugs at the end I believe this was the correct way to hook it up my online direction did not say how the plug went on they only fit oneway. Are you thinking I should only be hooking up one plug on the tank. Is that possible? I have begun to drain my tank again.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 AM
9 Second Club

One other note. I shut the car of and turned the ingnition back on the fuel pressure slowly climbed 55 PSI it took a little while. But soon as I start the car drops to about 32/34PSI Does this sound like a pickup problem?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:32 PM
FormerVendor

What kind of hose was used to connect the walboro to the barb on the bucket? What clamps were used?

We have seen that if you use the cheap rubber hose on these it will rot away and loose pressure drasticly. When upgrading pumps it is a exelent idea to get a 4" or so peice of -6 braided to connect the pump to the bucket. Its also a good idea to drill out the bottom of the stock bucket to make it so the pump doesnt have any restriction from that small stock filter sock on the bottom of the bucket.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:18 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks Jake I only used what was supplied in the kit it is the plastic rib hose exactly like the stock hose. I used the hose clamp that cam with the kit also. I have the pump out again and I am going over it with a fine tooth comb checking all the hose ribs and making sure my clamp connection is good. I am stuggling with this thing.
Thanks going back in a few minutes. Will see if anything changes. I put a new sock in it. And redoing the hose connection.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

BYE GEORGE I THINK I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had enough room on the intake fuel tube to get a second hose clamp so I put another on there now that terd has 2 clamps. At idle I am at 55/54 PSI and when I bump the accel it really doesn`t move so I think I am fine. However I was solildly at 58PSI before install so maybe air in the line??????? Gonna take for a ride in alittle bit here have to put tire back on. Vette looks kind of cool on jackstands. Thanks a bunch guys.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Banned

Did that fix your problem? We just had a customer that installed his own, at idle fuel pressure was 59psi but under boost it would drop down to mid 30's. After checking and changing everything we put the stock pump back in his 01 z06 and it would hold 56-59psi at all times. It just ending up being a faulty pump. Good luck man.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:44 PM
9 Second Club

Kind of sort of. Had to pull pump again and went all out I rigged an o-ring on the intake metal hose and put the hose in some boiling water to soften it and pushed it up to the oring and tightened the clamps down real quick. I put a pinch of epoxy where the o-ring met the hose. Now I have a solid 59 PSI running at 2000rpm. I think I had the damm thing out of the tank 4 times. But now I feel good about it turned out to be a major pain in the ***.