Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

bigger injectors

Old 10-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bigger injectors

Im thinking of getting bigger injectors for the simple fact of more hp... BUT i dont want that much fuel running everytime i drive... i have the stock 350tpi computer.... is their anyway i can set up or get a programmer etc to adjust exactly how much fuel goes in when i want... ex: max when i wanna go, or low when im low on gas haha... Looking into the Holley commander950 stealth tunnel... any thoughts?
Old 10-16-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

bigger injectors will only give you more hp when you have your current ones maxed out.the holley 950 tunnelram setup is a nice piece.i had the regular 950 with a single 1,000 cfm throttle body and it was nice when i had it running right.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Pee on fuel economy, get a beater. Get the biggest ****'s that fit and run it like you stole it. How much gas will be left in the next 25 yr. and how many times do you live? See the end to the equation. Just bustin you ***** lol. Just do it and forget about it.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by everything_forgotten
Im thinking of getting bigger injectors for the simple fact of more hp... BUT i dont want that much fuel running everytime i drive... i have the stock 350tpi computer.... is their anyway i can set up or get a programmer etc to adjust exactly how much fuel goes in when i want... ex: max when i wanna go, or low when im low on gas haha... Looking into the Holley commander950 stealth tunnel... any thoughts?

well, u didnt say u had altered the engine from stock, so bigger injectors wont help u. stock injectors are fine unless u have boost or nitrous some other kind of built setup, requiring more fuel. i really dont know how they tune tpi computers. this is an LS1 based forum. totally different. i'd check a tpi site or something.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Teching In

injectors are injectors and computers are computers... all i need to know is big injectors can be tuned to a certain lb/hr...
i do have future plans for a ls2 with a XFI computer
Old 10-22-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Everything Forgotten, you have made me proud. I think I have a tear in my eye. lol.
Hey, Ive got 42lbr's and they are maxed out. So.... If you can max out an injector why can't you go bigger and not max them out? My tuner has told me that the 60's will be good up to 700-800ish, but dosen't mean I will make that much power. I can't see why it could't be done.? As long as it can be tuned. Mechanic, I ain't. Call your supplier and ask em.
I see you live in Tx. Bound to be one of the sponsors close to you somewhere with that specific info... Good luck. (just dont be cool like me and buy to small of an injector and pay for the same $#!t twice when you'll need bigger uns later!)
Old 10-22-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with The Red, my head/cam setup maxed out my stock LS1 injectors, rather then getting injectors that are sufficient for my H/C setup, i went all out and got the 60#'s so i have more then enough down the road. just make sure the computer can handle them. 60's are about the max an LS1 pcm can handle...

i figured in theory since my 29# stockers were running out at 420 rwhp, the 60#'s should be good for atleast 800 if not more since they're a little over twice the size?

Search this Thread