Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

I think my fuel pump died

Old 10-25-2006, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think my fuel pump died

So this morning i started my car its started and idled fine. It ran for about 20 mins, no problems. I came to a red light still running fine then all of a sudden my idle started to drop then come back up to normal. Light turns green and i put it in first let the clutch out and car begins to bog. Shift to second, same. Car then dies. I am now coasting in neutral down the street and i try to crank and still not start so i just let it coast to my street and then turn. Now im stuck. Good thing i was a block from my house. But let me tell you pushing sucked this car weighs a ton. I checked all the fluids theire all good. I have fuel at the fuel rail but not enough pressure. I dont have a gauge so i dont know how much pressure. I allready swapped the fuel pump relay with another and still crank no start. So i just want to make sure that its 100% fuel pump. I can't hear it prime so what do you guys think?? Do you agree?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And if it is, what would be the easiest way to replace without putting a hole in my trunk. Its a 99 z28. Anyone have a write up with pictures or something along those lines?? (Oh and im probably gonna have to remove my exhaust so i dont feel like welding it again so if anyone wants to buy it its for sale its a loudmouth trades are welcome.)
Old 10-25-2006, 01:23 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

how much for lm? pics?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

If you don't hear it prime than its your pump. It has to prime especially when you just replaced the relay. Goodluck
Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the same thing happen to me. But my alternator took a ****.

r you still getting power to all the gauges and stuff? you might want to check it.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Turns out it was the pump and i swapped it with a new one problem solved ! Thanks for all the help guys! =)

Search this Thread