Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS2 return style fuel rail - anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS2 return style fuel rail - anyone?

Does anybody convert an LS2 fuel rail to a return style?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Junkie

converting fuel rails (or swaping them) to a return style setup, is for people that do not understand basic concepts of fluids.

(btw, i dont mean that in a demeaning way.. its just true)

you do NOT have to swap it to a "return style" for any project except for a extreme HP setup... at that point, you need physically larger fuel rails anyway, so you just run a aftermarket setup.

i already typed this with pictures before, so heres a link:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=fuel+pressure

i actually replied to this a few times with pics, but i cant seem to find the threads. i know its kind of a hard thing to search for.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Instead of answering a simple question you went off on a diatribe that told no one anything except the diameter of your poop shooter.

For anyone else who may want to add something...I'm using an L76 intake on my engine which is in a 98 C5 using a return style fuel rail setup. The LS2 fuel rail bolts up but is not a return style. An easy solution - if available - would be to convert an LS2 fuel rail instead of cutting and fitting the stock fuel rail with it's return.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Instead of answering a simple question you went off on a diatribe that told no one anything except the diameter of your poop shooter.

For anyone else who may want to add something...I'm using an L76 intake on my engine which is in a 98 C5 using a return style fuel rail setup. The LS2 fuel rail bolts up but is not a return style. An easy solution - if available - would be to convert an LS2 fuel rail instead of cutting and fitting the stock fuel rail with it's return.

ok, going back to what i said....

put a regulator on it. or run aftermarket rails.

i would just toss a regulator on it. (and by that i mean id do it really neat so it looks stock and only has one OEM style fuel line going to the stock LS2 rail.)
Old 11-09-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can get a universal adjustable return style regulator from a company like aeromotive. A1000. that is the reg I run. Basically you attach the return and feed to it and the rail as well.. There's about 10 different ways you can plumb it.. You will need adapter fittings to attach AN lines to the stock lines... But it's easy to do. Or get aftermarket rails which is what I would do...

It will work..

BTW... I'd rather have a nice working regulator mounted AT the fuel rail, then a shitty Filter/Regulator combo thing mounted in the rear.. Using the stock reg setup, I had fuel pressure loss at WOT...now it's all good.

Last edited by Steve01SS; 11-09-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
You can get a universal adjustable return style regulator from a company like aeromotive. A1000. that is the reg I run. Basically you attach the return and feed to it and the rail as well.. There's about 10 different ways you can plumb it.. You will need adapter fittings to attach AN lines to the stock lines... But it's easy to do. Or get aftermarket rails which is what I would do...

It will work..

BTW... I'd rather have a nice working regulator mounted AT the fuel rail, then a shitty Filter/Regulator combo thing mounted in the rear.. Using the stock reg setup, I had fuel pressure loss at WOT...now it's all good.
ahh... so you're reccomending something like this: (replace "ford" with "corvette")

funny how i found that in the first reply.... anyhoo..
Old 11-11-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are trying to be a sarcastic dick, then save it for someone who gives a ****.

You can analyze it to death with fluid dynamics... It's NOT just pressure, but flow is a concern as well. BUT in the real world, you will see that most of the high HP guys run a return style setup.....(f-body, C5, Hybrid... etc) Not just on the internet, but locally as well. There's a TON of fast LSx based cars that don't even know about these forums. Your thirdgen even came with a return based setup from the factory. I know, I had a TPI car. Just beacuse GM went with the filter/reg in the back, doesn't mean that it's the best thing since sliced bread. Most likely it was a $$$ based decision. Many people don't just jump on a bandwagon because ECS or some other place says what works.. They have their own personal experience of what works for them... In this case, it does for many.

It's funny how even with a good pump, many C5's, f-body's.. etc.. STILL have pressure loss under WOT with a stock rail and stock filter/reg setup. I had this problem and so does one of my good friends right now as I type this. WKMCD actually knows the person I'm referring to as he has a 402 car also. We suspect fuel starvation. I did my own return based setup and have ZERO fuel problems now... Pressure stays high, then goes up when it hits boost, not down. I feed the rails at the rear with a braided steel line from the back of the car (straight from the pump), then from out of the rails to the reg and then a return. The stock feed line has been utilized as a return.

Since he has a 98 with return based setup already, adding a simple regulator in the front would be his best and easiest solution...

Go take the high horse attitude and diatribe someplace else...

Quick Reply: LS2 return style fuel rail - anyone?