Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Lucas fuel additive

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lucas fuel additive

I have been trying to search and dont see too much info on this. How does everyone feel about adding this to the tank? Is it worth it, is it good for it? lol

I am going to use it in my DD because I have heard other like it, but sometimes the LS1 is moody with things like this so I want to check first
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried it on my Camaro, nothing special. I also tried it in my truck and i just thought it didnt do much, possibly hurt more than helped. If you can find some I have heard great things about redline. . . .
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you referring to the Lucas Injector cleaner or the Octane Booster?

Using the Octane Booster on my old setup (stock Lt1, 10psi) got my knock counts (werent really enough for concern but..) to zero out when added to 93 octane. Also noticed when I tore that motor down that everywhere the fuel came in contact with was clean. Most noticeable was in the intake ports where there was black oil residue all over the inside, except from the injector bosses to the port outlets. That area was clean like brand new metal.
I havent used it in the new motor, and probably wont as it will only see a steady diet of 100octane unleaded Sunoco fuel.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cleaner