Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

nasty tank guys what are u using for a vent?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nasty tank guys what are u using for a vent?

just like the topic sentence... what are you guys using for a vent and if you've got pics can you post em up.....

want some different ideas to finish my tank install..... 99 and up LS1 filler neck just went in so the last thing i gotta do is vent this thing somehow...

i'd prefer something that makes sure my garage won't smell like the exxon valdez everytime i go out there....... i don't particularly enjoy my eyes burning like i got pepper sprayed
Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned

Right now I have a rubber hose running up the filler neck and sticking out the fuel door. I am not finished yet. I need to find a one way valve or something that will allow me to open the vent when filling the tank. I am open to opinions.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:02 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by wickedred
Right now I have a rubber hose running up the filler neck and sticking out the fuel door. I am not finished yet. I need to find a one way valve or something that will allow me to open the vent when filling the tank. I am open to opinions.
a ball valve is what I was thinking about using... but i decided that i didnt care
Old 02-16-2007, 12:52 PM
7 Second Club

i just have a 5ft piece looped around the filler neck... the fuel or smell really hasnt been an issue for me.... but i know you've been around these cars enough that your very educated...

but what i was looking at doin is running it up the filler neck up to the gas cap and then putting a ball valve on the end that has a plastic handle.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:00 PM
9 Second Club

doesn't NHRA require some type of rollover tip over shutoff valve or is that only for fuel cells????
Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

The ball valve idea is what I have been thinking. Open it to vent when filling the tank and close it when done. Seems like a simple solution to me. I am not sure of the tip over shut off valve though.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

You have to alow air in and out for filling and so the pump does not create a vacuum. I have rollover valves for the tank but it is not going to kill the stink i seen a couple of canister style setups that should work. Just a hose to basicly a catch can with its own vent.

Nate
Old 02-16-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The spiraled line is my vent line from the cell. At the cell there is a tipover ball valve. At the end of the line, behind the original fuel door (where you pull down the license plate) is a small K&N air filter.

I've never seen any sign of fuel coming out, but I've also never tipped over the car

Jim

My Sleeper Site: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html