Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel injector info (L76) plus injector ID

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel injector info (L76) plus injector ID

ok,
Have read alot of information on this forum about injectors and in particular those to use with L92 heads (L76 Intake); need to find out some info. I am putting an L92 in my 97 C5. I wanted to use the stock 2 line fuel rail so I had the guy building the motor put in what I thought were the L76 injectors in the stock fuel rails. He had to put about a 1/2 inch spacer under the mounts to make them work; however the wiring connections on the injectors is the same as the 97 C5 connection. From dialogue I have read in this forum, this leads me to believe the injectors are not the L76 rather they are some other injector. How can I tell who makes the injector? The only numbers on it are D31658A and 156. I was told they were something like 40lbs but am new to this FI stuff, (had carburated cars before this). Can someone help me out? john jackson, hereford az
Old 06-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Few things confusing here. You haven't said what fuel rail or intake manifold you are using- I am assuming its the L76 intake, since the LS1 intake should not fit on the L92 heads.

The stock L76 injector is the same as the LS2/LS7 injector. This L76 injector is very short and has a different connector than those from a LS1.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Teching In

You will the the connector adapter kit. Katech sells them.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys,
I had been having a hard time with this but now have it. The guy who built my engine knew I wanted to keep my stock 97 LS1 fuel rail and stock two fuel line set-up; also to avoid having to get the wiring adapter he took off the L76 fuel rail (as I asked) and added some 39-42lbs (have a delphi part number but the info on there web site is a little confusing) from and LS1. So he was able to add about 1/2 inch spacers under the fuel rails and use the LS1 injectors with the stock two line fuel set-up. Only thing not done was to added the thicker o-rings which I am getting from LPE. I have run the engine on and engine dyno and the configuration works fine. Just want the bigger o-rings for insurance as the injectors seem alittle loose in the mainifold.

I do appreciate you guys responding. Next step - I have the Racetonix fuel pump with harness coming and may need some info on that....

Motor goes in the car this weekend but I won't have the ls1 to ls2 throttle body adapter until Monday so I won't be running it until the following week.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vjjack04
Thanks guys,
I had been having a hard time with this but now have it. The guy who built my engine knew I wanted to keep my stock 97 LS1 fuel rail and stock two fuel line set-up; also to avoid having to get the wiring adapter he took off the L76 fuel rail (as I asked) and added some 39-42lbs (have a delphi part number but the info on there web site is a little confusing) from and LS1. So he was able to add about 1/2 inch spacers under the fuel rails and use the LS1 injectors with the stock two line fuel set-up. Only thing not done was to added the thicker o-rings which I am getting from LPE. I have run the engine on and engine dyno and the configuration works fine. Just want the bigger o-rings for insurance as the injectors seem alittle loose in the mainifold.

I do appreciate you guys responding. Next step - I have the Racetonix fuel pump with harness coming and may need some info on that....

Motor goes in the car this weekend but I won't have the ls1 to ls2 throttle body adapter until Monday so I won't be running it until the following week.
I'm putting the L92 setup in my 98 as well. It of course, has the 2-line setup as well. One thing though, I want to use the L76 fuel rail but will need an external regulater with a return.

You do know that the 2-line setup is NOT a dual feed right? The second small line is a return line.

By the way, how much did you have to cut up the 97 fuel rail to work? I think the mounting tabs don't even line up so I though it was more than just using spacers.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Default Further info on L92 in 97 c5 fuel and more

Yes,
The 2 line set up is for one fuel supply and one return. I will have to look at the manifold as the guy who built the motor modified the intake. (couldn't have been much though, doesn't look different) I will let you know what he did (will have to research) but it does work (tunned the motor on an engine dyno). He had two different spacers under the tabs and I know the tabs have been bent but not distorted; I ordered the Katech spacers and they work - will also be using the larger injector o-rings for the bottom.

Some info if you don't aready know it:
- You can use a c6 oil pan (gets those 'wings' on the bottom of the pan out of the way) and put a C5 oil level sensor in the pan (on side).
- You can use your oil temp sensor (which on an LS1 is located on the driver's side of the block, above the oil filter (you will need the mount as well.)
- to make your motor mounts work you will need to grind either the block or the mount on the passenger side (just a bit).
- You will need adapter harnesses for the MAF, MAP, Throttle body, cam position sensor and knock sensors (the knock sensors will go on the outside of the block vice under the intake. (www.casperselectronics.com)
- Also, invest in a 2001 or better Z06 MAF, they should be better than the '98 stock one.(optional)
- If you use the L76 intake and injectors you will need new injector connections (you can get an adapter harness for that too)
I think that is it. If you have any question respond. I am putting the motor in this weekend.
- Oh, and I thought of using an aftermarket fuel rail set up and configuring the lines like stock (with an aftermarket pressure regulator), but was told some of the fuel rails actually interfere with the fire wall. Not sure this is the case for all. I may eventually go that route. This one's interesting (link is to a PDF diagram.) http://www.professional-products.com...ions%20New.pdf

J. Jackson AZ

Quick Reply: Fuel injector info (L76) plus injector ID