Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Acetone increases MPG? Read here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acetone increases MPG? Read here.

Trying to get some feedback on this.

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/new...00069_Acetone/

Has anyone ever tried this before?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

My concern would be as to how it would effect the oxygen sensors.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

"No Issues with the Engine Parts

I have soaked carburetor parts in acetone for months and even years to see if there is any deterioration. Any parts made to run with gasoline will work with acetone just fine. I presently have parts soaking in 1, 2, 5, and 10 % acetone/gasoline mixes as well as just gasoline. That is 20 to 200 times too much just to be sure. The 30R7 rated parts are in perfect condition. All my tests have been run with Texaco gasoline. I tested the gas stations in my area to FIRST find the best gasoline BEFORE putting acetone in the tank. But I have no idea from a pragmatic view what other gasolines do except that when I attempt to use them, my MPG drops like a rock. So for purely monetary reasons, I run the best available gasoline. When my dyno is built this summer, I will test all the gasolines in my area and publish the results on the web. I hear from engineers out West that Chevron gas is very good. I used it and it was fine during trips to California. I attach more credence to engineers who report things of interest to me because of their training and knowledge of testing methods. You may want to look up Science and Testing Methods in my site." - pureenergysystems.com

-read the article in the link
Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

How about a wideband and a tuning suite of your choice and "fix" the stock fat *** calibration? Besides that the best remedy I have is my wife in the passenger seat yelling at me to slow down. Other than that buy a pink thong and a Prius.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

yea a nice leancruise can always help but what about people that dont have hp tuners and ls1edit at their disposal. this is something someone can pickup at a local hardware store and test very easily. With gas prices the way they are im suprised people arent more interested.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

there has already been a topic on this. if the search would work for ya, which it has for me before you will find it. Idk exact gains...but it all involves spending money
Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the things that the author of the article says mostly seem to make sense... i just find it funny that he advertises those $150 MPG calculator a couple of times during the article.