Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No start, 0 psi, already searched...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start, 0 psi, already searched...

Thanks in advance for the suggestions guys. Here is the deal, I recently got out of the military and my '98z28 has been sitting for 5 years. The engine had a few broken ringlands and has been apart the whole time so I just replaced the engine with a salvage yard engine. After hooking everything back up I turn the key on and get no fuel at all. I drained the tank and put fresh gas in, and have the fuel line off where I used to have an inline pump so I can see if anything is even coming from the intank pump and I get nothing. I swapped the horn relay with the pump relay, new fuse, and got under the car with a test light while someone turned the key on. If you are looking at the plug in front of the rear-end the only larger wire (several smaller wires but only 4 larger wires) with power is the top plug, top row, middle wire. It has power for about 2-3 seconds when the key is turned on and then goes off. But the fuel pump makes no sound and pumps nothing. Any ideas? Is the wire mentioned the power wire for the pump? If so I would assume the pump is bad? Thanks again guys.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Teching In

sounds like the fule pump or junk in the lines
Old 09-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Went ahead and dropped the tank and pulled the pump just to take a look. Wasnt too bad to get the tank out. The tank was full of varnished gas and the gas in the pump sock was all gelled and the pump is full of gelled gas too. So looks like I will be buying a new pump assy and hopefully everything will work. Thanks for the input TA1.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you found your problem.