Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump whinning but no pressure? or somerthing else

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pump whinning but no pressure? or somerthing else

Hey all, about a week ago I noticed that my Camaro didn’t fire up as soon as it usually does. It is a 2001 SS. So I turn the key again and it started up, I didn’t think anything of it. So a couple days ago I went to go for a drive and cranked on it quite a bit before it finally stumbled to a running behavior. I then shut it immediately off. I tried starting it again and it fired right up. I did my errands and parked it. I let it sit all night, I tried firing it up the next day and nothing still just cranking over. The pump still kicks on (I can hear it whine) I tried to pressurize the system a couple times with just turning the key on and off and back on. I thought that may build more pressure if that was the problem.

I don’t think the pump is holding the pressure. ?

My SS only has 39,000 on it so I figured it was time for a fuel filter change anyways. I did that tonight and that did not fix it either (figured that).

I have a Walbro pump on the way but was wondering if it could be the regulator or anything else?

Thanks for the help
If ya need any more info let me know
Old 10-10-2007, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend you take a pressure reading at the shrader valve and see what you have there.