Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What fuel system for LS7 crate?

Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question What fuel system for LS7 crate?

I bought an LS7 crate engine and I知 not sure what I need in terms of fuel system. I知 going to use this fuel cell from Summit Racing:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

And I was looking at this fuel system:

Is it sufficient in terms of flow and pressure for a slightly tuned 600hp LS7? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off what kinda car? What are you goals with the car-street/track? What mods do you plan? I can help you spec out a system for your needs.

Nate
Old 10-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
First off what kinda car? What are you goals with the car-street/track? What mods do you plan? I can help you spec out a system for your needs.

Nate
Hi Nate,

I'm building an AC Cobra replica with an LS7 crate engine. I'm planning on a cam upgrade, headers and a cat less exhaust, some kind of cold air intake and a custom tune. So nothing radical and I expect to end up a tad above the 600hp mark. This will primarily be a street car but I might visit a track once in a while

Thanks,
Old 11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
FormerVendor

I would build you a system kinda like our Stage2 Street kits A Walbro 340 mounted in your fuel tank just with complete feed and return lines, LS7 rails, Reg., Filter...You may need to add a BAP just for some safety if it goes past 600rwhp but the system would be sufficient. Unless you were planning on a fuel cell where you could take from the bottom or sump and an inline pump then we could step up the pump some.

Nate
Old 11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
I would build you a system kinda like our Stage2 Street kits A Walbro 340 mounted in your fuel tank just with complete feed and return lines, LS7 rails, Reg., Filter...You may need to add a BAP just for some safety if it goes past 600rwhp but the system would be sufficient. Unless you were planning on a fuel cell where you could take from the bottom or sump and an inline pump then we could step up the pump some.

Nate
Nate,

I have already bought a fuel cell from Summit Racing, more specifically this one:

I haven't received my engine yet but I think it comes complete with rails and injectors already mounted. I'm not sure about the reg and filter but I don't think they are included.

Could you please quote me for a complete system? I'm not sure if you are allowed to post prices on here but otherwise you could do it via PM. I have no intentions on going over 600rwhp, apparently they have got around 635hp on the flywheel with this setup I'm going to use.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Ok to retain your fuel rails and do a basic returnless system like stock. From Fuel cell to filter to inline Walbro pump to regulator to filter up to rails and a return section from reg. back to tank. $850 for good quality parts I can do a cheap version with black pushloc hose and Corvette Filter/Reg.

Nate

Search this Thread