Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Is my fuel pump dead?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is my fuel pump dead?

I tried starting my 94 Z28 today and nothing. It would crank over and had spark, but the gauge showed no pressure and there is a weird sound coming from the fuel pump. Let me know what you think it is.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

push in the valve on the fuel rail and have someone turn on the key, if no gas comes out the pump is dead.

Check the relays also and fuses, but pump failure from what I found happens, it did to me and I only had 35k on my pump.

That's what I did, swapped to a 255lph, turned the key on and off a few times to cycle the system, turned it again and fired up with a quickness.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RAGENZ28
push in the valve on the fuel rail and have someone turn on the key, if no gas comes out the pump is dead.

Check the relays also and fuses, but pump failure from what I found happens, it did to me and I only had 35k on my pump.

That's what I did, swapped to a 255lph, turned the key on and off a few times to cycle the system, turned it again and fired up with a quickness.
I got it running. I found some starting fluid and had my dad spray some in it and after a couple of tries it fired up. So I don't know if the fuel pump just lost its prime or what happened.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Launching!

I have a question. This was a problem from last year. When I go to start my CETA, sometimes it wont start on the first time. If its cold (or first start of the day) if will start fine). Usually, I have to turn key on, then off, then back on to start it. I had the fuel pressure checked and for some reason, it wont hold the fuel pressure. I think the fuel pressure regulator is gone but I heard it was on the fuel pump or do you think its the pressure sensor? Please let me know. Thanks

Search this Thread