Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC 9" Install: Brake lines question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MWC 9" Install: Brake lines question?

I'm getting closer to being done with my MWC installation, its my understanding I can bend the brake lines by hand to better fit this rear.

Anyone got any tips/tricks they'd like to share?
I sure don't want to kink a line.

Thanks,
Old 06-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Teching In

I had to bend my lines as well when i installed my bw 9bolt. Just take it slow when your directing the lines. I dont know if they gave you new calipers but i had to swap the rubbery line enterting the caliper to my new one. PITA anyways if its still connected to the hose one side is flush and the other isnt, try to bend it to the flush side.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Captainr6
... I dont know if they gave you new calipers but i had to swap the rubbery line enterting the caliper to my new one. ...
I've already swapped them out with SS braided lines and reattached the lines to the calipers (even with the plastic wrap over the MC cover it was leaking at a pretty fast rate. I had to take the line apart anyway to get rid of the factory E-brake mount thats built into the MWC 9").
Old 06-14-2009, 02:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

straighten out most of the bends and start from the center. you can cut and re-flare, or just make a zig-zag in the line somewhere to take up the slack.

Quick Reply: MWC 9" Install: Brake lines question?