Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Build or buy 9inch

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Build or buy 9inch

I noticed some of the sites sell the housing for these with axles. Havent found all the other parts. Is it cheaper to build the 9 with new parts or to just spend the 2300 and get it done?

Setting the gears up on a 9inch? Same as a gm 12. Have built a few 10 bolts and few 12's but never a 9.
thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116

We sell the Moser housing/axle package for $1050 shipped, which is a great deal. People will go out and pick up a used third member to install, if you do, make sure you get one that has an N on it. The n means it is the stronger nodular iron unit, normally found in the Ford pick up trucks and higher performance Ford musclecars. The standard Ford third member may end up with you having carnage on the starting line at your local dragstrip. Bob
Old 11-15-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I noticed it on your site. What if I bought it all new from you and did 100% assembly. Gears and everything, price? I want a spool in it.

Would I just be buying the case? and then put the gears/spool in it if I got the third member. How do you tell the difference N, where is it? Pic mayby
Old 11-16-2009, 04:12 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mustang Hat'r 2
I noticed it on your site. What if I bought it all new from you and did 100% assembly. Gears and everything, price? I want a spool in it.

Would I just be buying the case? and then put the gears/spool in it if I got the third member. How do you tell the difference N, where is it? Pic mayby
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=148

This would be the best way for you to go. Free shipping too!

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1263 Here is a copy of the installation instructions. Bob
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know how to put them in etc. I dont mind building the 3rd member and setting up the gears. I would actually prefer it if I did the gears, 0 for 5 with 12 bolts that had gear whine from the factory.

I want to get the housing, buy the third member(case). Put a spool and gear in it then put it in the housing. I really would like to build one for 2k. Is that even possible or am dreaming?

Thanks for the help its gotten you a customer when the time is right.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mustang Hat'r 2
I know how to put them in etc. I dont mind building the 3rd member and setting up the gears. I would actually prefer it if I did the gears, 0 for 5 with 12 bolts that had gear whine from the factory.

I want to get the housing, buy the third member(case). Put a spool and gear in it then put it in the housing. I really would like to build one for 2k. Is that even possible or am dreaming?

Thanks for the help its gotten you a customer when the time is right.
Thanks, you might be able to do it for around 2k, it you do the third member assembly yourself. Bob
Old 11-18-2009, 02:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

i had $2200 hundred in mine, axle and houseing package, and strange pro seris case gears bearing kits, and a tru trac which wish i went with a spool. oo and a billet aluminium pinion support.