Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

moser 9in problems..any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default moser 9in problems..any suggestions

Ok, i drove to work today and everything was fine, when i left work and started to turn out of the parking lot if sems like my rear end is binding to the point it wants to stall the motor..every time i turn it does it and if its a sharp turn it sound horrible..i have a moser axle and hosing package ,but just a ford posi lock withford 4.11 gears..what the hell could have happened to it..iv been driving around on street tires, so i dont think i could havebroke anything..i jacked it up and if i turn one wheel the other wheel turns the same direction and seems to turn free..im lost, im going to try to get iton a lift some timethis week..
Old 03-30-2010, 07:30 PM

mine did that before and fealt fine jacked up but when on the grond would not move mine was a broke axle bearing
Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dontthink it would be an axle bearing with 4oo miles on a new rear..the only part that had miles on it before was the 3rd member and it was rebuilt..
Old 04-02-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

i drained the fluid last night and my dumn *** put like 5 QTs in there i guess, so i refilledit with 2qts and the posi additive and it is working fine today..i hope it stays like that..
Old 04-03-2010, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how did you get 5 quarts in there? I thought you were supposed to fill til gear oil spews from the fill plug??? I guess... at least you fixed it
Old 04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

i used a shitty war 3rd member so there is no fill hole at all..i fill it thru the fill plug on the back of the moser housing and it is almost at the top..