Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser Prices at Brute Speed - Includes Shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I just sent out tracking numbers for the two of the three orders from the last several days. Thanks Guys! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Order today and your rear-end leaves with free shipping in two working days! Bob

Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and mt buddy just finished installed this on sunday. We spent close to 15 hours to get everything squared up. We bought the housing from bob, and it was delivered to my buddy's place really fast. Thanks bob.

However theres one thing that bothers me the most is that, my bmr non adj torq arm hit the underbody, we had to go to town with sledge hammer to make it clear, and i'm still not happy with the clearance.

Now to my question, will adjustable TA help?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Question

Originally Posted by raysadude
Me and mt buddy just finished installed this on sunday. We spent close to 15 hours to get everything squared up. We bought the housing from bob, and it was delivered to my buddy's place really fast. Thanks bob.

However theres one thing that bothers me the most is that, my bmr non adj torq arm hit the underbody, we had to go to town with sledge hammer to make it clear, and i'm still not happy with the clearance.

Now to my question, will adjustable TA help?
Where is it hitting at? Bob

Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Where is it hitting at? Bob
The rear part of the torq arm before it bolted into the bracket was hitting the rear driver side underbody. I guess its right beneath the driver's side rear seat.

We tried to adjust the panhard by moving the rear to the passenger side, it helped but not alot and that when we decided to have fun with the hammer.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The rear part of the torq arm before it bolted into the bracket was hitting the rear driver side underbody. I guess its right beneath the driver's side rear seat.

We tried to adjust the panhard by moving the rear to the passenger side, it helped but not alot and that when we decided to have fun with the hammer.
Normally all you have to do is to take a prybar and shove it up between the floor and the torque arm and pry the floor up a little. It doesn't take much to tweak it to where it clears. Off-hand I don't see where the adjustable torque arm would give you anymore clearance.

FYI: The M9 (Moser's fabricated rear) doesn't have these clearance problems, as the torque arm mount is much smaller and the included torque arm follows the contours of the driveshaft tunnel. Bob

Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Normally all you have to do is to take a prybar and shove it up between the floor and the torque arm and pry the floor up a little. It doesn't take much to tweak it to where it clears. Off-hand I don't see where the adjustable torque arm would give you anymore clearance.

FYI: The M9 (Moser's fabricated rear) doesn't have these clearance problems, as the torque arm mount is much smaller and the included torque arm follows the contours of the driveshaft tunnel. Bob
Thanks for the insight bob. I think the fact that my car is lowered 1.5" makes the problem worse. I just heard with adj ta you can move the ta up and down thus gives more clearance
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks for the insight bob. I think the fact that my car is lowered 1.5" makes the problem worse. I just heard with adj ta you can move the ta up and down thus gives more clearance
You're welcome. Take a look at some of the adjustable torque arms on this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Torque-Ar...-Kits_c371.htm I don't see them giving you anymore clearance. Bob

Old 04-13-2013, 06:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I sold three M9's and one 9 inch yesterday, thanks guys! Bob

Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Bump for early Thursday morning! Bob

Old 04-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Unhappy with Moser Engineering

What apears to be an unfortunate act I have recently purchased a rear end and all of the accessories directly from Moser and the end result is that I drove this $3600. rear end for about 25 miles and it blew up. Car towed to the transmission shop that installed the Moser 9 Inch. I am having to pay for the removal of the center section and the cost of shipping this back to Moser. Even if I receive a new center section due to poor workmanship, I will be out another $1000 for the labor to remove and then replace the center section. Moser's attitude about this has been less than good. I am a 70 year old man who has to hire the work done on my 2001 Camero due to health reasons. I was told that Moser equipment was OK by a friend but so far I have to say that there response has been very dissappointing.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Groesbeck
What apears to be an unfortunate act I have recently purchased a rear end and all of the accessories directly from Moser and the end result is that I drove this $3600. rear end for about 25 miles and it blew up. Car towed to the transmission shop that installed the Moser 9 Inch. I am having to pay for the removal of the center section and the cost of shipping this back to Moser. Even if I receive a new center section due to poor workmanship, I will be out another $1000 for the labor to remove and then replace the center section. Moser's attitude about this has been less than good. I am a 70 year old man who has to hire the work done on my 2001 Camero due to health reasons. I was told that Moser equipment was OK by a friend but so far I have to say that there response has been very dissappointing.
That really sucks. I feel your pain spending that much and it turning out like that. I've heard Moser doesn't exactly do the best at setting up center sections. Hopefully this get worked out in some way.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Question

What do you mean it blew up? It sounds like that shop forgot to put gear oil in it. Bob

Old 04-28-2013, 08:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Guitar
That really sucks. I feel your pain spending that much and it turning out like that. I've heard Moser doesn't exactly do the best at setting up center sections. Hopefully this get worked out in some way.
Moser has changed their procedures for assembling the center sections over the years. Even though performance gear sets typically create some noise, I don't encounter nearly as many gear noise related problems as I once did. Bob

Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Noise

What do you mean it blew up? It sounds like that shop forgot to put gear oil in it. Bob
Maybe blowing up was not the best description of what happened. While driving the car home I felt a bump and then it sounded like I ran over a can and immediately hear a very loud grinding noise after which I shut down the car and had it towed to the repair shop to prevent further damage. I am shipping he center section to Moser for examination. I expect that Moser will repair the center secton properly, but even if they do I am out a substantial amount of money for the removal and replacement of the center section.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Maybe blowing up was not the best description of what happened. While driving the car home I felt a bump and then it sounded like I ran over a can and immediately hear a very loud grinding noise after which I shut down the car and had it towed to the repair shop to prevent further damage. I am shipping he center section to Moser for examination. I expect that Moser will repair the center secton properly, but even if they do I am out a substantial amount of money for the removal and replacement of the center section.
I feel sorry for you, that is terrible. I am sure they will get it back to you asap. I have sold well over a million dollars worth of Moser rears and I have never had anything like this happen. Did you know you would of saved a lot of money had you bought your rear through me? Bob

Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Order today and have it ship out Wednesday! Bob

Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Groesbeck, there are too many gearheads in houston to pay a grand of labor for r&r center section I think..

Bob, how are customers liking their m9?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
Groesbeck, there are too many gearheads in houston to pay a grand of labor for r&r center section I think..

Bob, how are customers liking their m9?

The M9 has been very well received. It is strong yet lightweight, and plants the tires very well. I currently have a customer who is getting some noise from his M9 when going over bumps. He said it seems to be coming from the telescoping part of the torque arm. Thanks. Bob

Old 05-21-2013, 06:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

All pm's have been answered, thanks. Bob

Quick Reply: Moser Prices at Brute Speed - Includes Shipping!