Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Mwc 9 or moser 9

Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mwc 9 or moser 9

Looking to get a 9 in soon for the bird and trying to decided between the a fabbed one from MWC or a Moser from BOB. Prices seem to be on par with each other. Any reason why i should get one over the other? Suggestions, Comments, ect.? Thanks Josh
Old 07-23-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mwc. i have the moser 9inch and its good but not engineered properly.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

i don't have experience with both of them. i have recently placed an order with midwest. i have read of way too many unsatisfied customers with their mosers. plus, i hear their customer service is nothing to talk about. you would be able to get the rear much faster through moser. midwest will make their rears to your specs so it will take a while to build as there are many different options you can go with. it seems the midwest rears might be a little more expensive. however, their customer service seems to be good so far. also, you get a new torque arm and tranny brace with their rears.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went MWC when I purchased mine, So far I have been nothing but happy, there is some whine in my gears though that I dont really like, but overall their customer service and products are awsome. I would do it again in a heart beat if I was on the market.
go MWC and you wont regret it.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:12 AM
9 Second Club

I just picked up my MWC and am putting it in tonight and tommorow with a stage 3 monster. Quality looks awsome. I will now more by the end of the weekend on how it is. Looks fantastic. Customer service is second to none there. They even meet me up there on a sunday to pick mine up. I have even called them after hours when I needed something and they aswered. You dont see that many places. Im a auto repair shop and I dont like answereing the phone after hours.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

MWC I am very happy with mine. They have great customer service great parts at a great price. If you have the time because it will take a while to recieve your parts from MWC, Myself it didnt matter how long it took. Myself there was only one choice. And Erics housing has the brake clips and mounting and sway bar brackets standard. Best true bolt in housing out there.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Once I get the money for me to replace my rear end, I'm going with a MWC. The TA included with the rear is nice, as well as saving the extra weight without sacrificing structural strength is a huge plus.

Bob and Eric are both great business guys and have been very open and willing to help people with questions and issues, but I really think Eric has the superior product in this instance.

Can't wait to order mine and get my Watts link too .
Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Launching!

MIDWEST!!!!! i love mine and the torque arm and relocation bracket it comes with makes the price awesome too! its awesome built and really light, i love mine.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

get a fabricated 9". MWC or Mosers M9
Old 07-23-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Midwest Chassis all the way,mine has not skipped a beat and fit like a glove,i really like the included short torque arm with driveshaft saftey loop,and it all fit really well.If you go with the moser and you have a problem,you will have to deal with some customer service that just plain sucks.I know of plenty of people that are not satified with the moser products.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We are willing to help you with anything you may need, we are also direct with Strange & Moser. Our fabricated nine inch has been proven to be the best bang for the buck so far. One nice thing about ordering one of our fabricated nine inches is the fact you are dealing with the people who build them.

Our build time is one of the longer ones but you are get a package that best suits your needs. You are not forced to purchase only what one manufacture has to offer. Our rear end also comes with all necessary hardware and brackets. No need to buy some muffler clamps to bolt your sway bar on and still have to modify that as well.

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

i talked to Bob and MWC for 4 or 5 days before ordering mine and i went with MWC because it was a COMPLETE package with what i offered. I wanted a rear end/ds/ta/lca/arb/phb/coil overs blah blah you get where this is going. I ended up getting full suspension for front and back of the car and with Bob he could get it for me but it was a hold on ill have to check who and where i can get it from as opposed to MWC it was alrite what else would you like. That swung my vote over to them
Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the info all. Now for the choice of the center. Im looking for a posi type, mainly going to be on the street but i get out to the track maybe 50 or soo passes a year and going to be around 450 hp at the wheels after my new H/C/I. Also like to do some autocrossing if that helps. Hopefully i can get it before LSX shootout in STL.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Trac loc posi unit,it now comes with a billet case,i love mine
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Egg1456
Thanks for the info all. Now for the choice of the center. Im looking for a posi type, mainly going to be on the street but i get out to the track maybe 50 or soo passes a year and going to be around 450 hp at the wheels after my new H/C/I. Also like to do some autocrossing if that helps. Hopefully i can get it before LSX shootout in STL.
If you wanted a MWC rear. I would order it monday. if you want to make the shootout. And for some autocrossing may want to ask about his watts link instead of a panhard bar.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

so for a car that would be set up for ideal drag racing suspension, MWC? If so i need to start pricing **** out. Man, if they did payment plans i would already have a full set-up
Old 07-24-2010, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

ok, so i noticed that on the mwc website, u cant really build anything and order that way. Is the only way to do it too call, not that im in any position to order right now, just that thats normally part of my process, scroll through options and test out different things and figure what i need to get for my goals. Basically a bullitproof rear set-up able to handle low 11s high 10s.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Yes you call Eric and talk to the man that builds it. I call just to price mine out way before i order to see what kind of money I was going to be spending.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-M9-...y-Complete.htm

Guys, keep in mind that Moser also offers a fabricated rear (the M9) that comes complete with the chrome-moly transmission crossmember and chrome moly torque arm, along with lower control arm relocation brackets already welded on the rear. My '99 Z28 received the very first Moser M9 made for the late model F Body's, and the car cut 1.29 60 ft times at the first LSX Shootout on M/T drag radials with a powerglide transmission and a ProCharger F-1A.

Here is a picture of my Camaro with the Moser M9, in a wheelstand competition we decided to enter as it as televised.

My car accidentally stood up on the rear bumper at the first LSX Shootout in 1st and 2nd gear after we got too aggressive with our tune-up. The car had run a 9.12 at 146 driving through the torque converter the night before, and even though the converter was shot, we wanted to try to get the car into the 8's. It didn't happen...

http://www.powertvonline.com/video_detail.php?mId=2901 Here is a good video of my car at the 2007 Sema Moser booth.

This Moser M9 is also shipped just two days after Moser received the order!!!! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-24-2010, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

The M9 is a little pricey standard stamped 9 is fine with me just considered mwc one cause it was same price

Search this Thread