Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Do I really need a 9 inch??? Or is the 12 bolt enough.. M6

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BADD SS
the only non valued statments are yours. Do you read well, because you only qutoted my own issue, not the fact that 10 bolts are rarer in these cars than an aftermarket rear. Funny how I remember back in the day, in 2000 when I was on slpeng's forum how many people busted 10 bolts, almost everyone was stock then..... If you really think a 10 bolt is worth anything in a 6 speed car, good luck to you. You remind me of the idiots who say they can build a 10 bolt to hold anything you throw at it..... and when you grenade one they are no where to be found.
Well I tried to close my end calmly but your apparent need to wear your keyboard warrior pants got the best of you. Did you read my response a few posts up? If you're counting on your fingers stop when you get to this one . I stated my position and my opinion in response to OPs inquiry. You don't like it...tough ****.

My current project will destroy my 10 and am considering an S60 or 9" myself. I make decisions analytically and not based on a couple clowns who can't drive their cars or drive them beyond the OEM's capability (in other words, **** will break eventually when pushed beyond their intended use). I've had 4 body's...ls1's, lt1's, etc. M6's, 100k between them, track, street, 300-450rwhp. NOT ONE BREAKAGE. Again, tough **** if you don't like it, thats my experience.

If I've taken your response personally, please accept my apologies. Don't want to jack OPs thread anymore, I'm done here...
Old 11-21-2010, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I broke my 10 bolt with street tires no drag passes just good ole fashion beating on it now have a MWC rear and recommend them
Old 11-21-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

be patient and troll the used part section daily and you mite find a used 12 bolt or 9" bolt in rear for a good price.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LPE 403
Well I tried to close my end calmly but your apparent need to wear your keyboard warrior pants got the best of you. Did you read my response a few posts up? If you're counting on your fingers stop when you get to this one . I stated my position and my opinion in response to OPs inquiry. You don't like it...tough ****.

My current project will destroy my 10 and am considering an S60 or 9" myself. I make decisions analytically and not based on a couple clowns who can't drive their cars or drive them beyond the OEM's capability (in other words, **** will break eventually when pushed beyond their intended use). I've had 4 body's...ls1's, lt1's, etc. M6's, 100k between them, track, street, 300-450rwhp. NOT ONE BREAKAGE. Again, tough **** if you don't like it, thats my experience.

If I've taken your response personally, please accept my apologies. Don't want to jack OPs thread anymore, I'm done here...

The only clown here is you.
There is absolutly nothing analytical about your 1 way discussion...stop trying to pretend you know anything about rear ends.....Or the drivers who happen to break them.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat as the OP except I make 100 HP less and have an auto, completely stock, and this thread doesn't help much lol
Old 11-27-2010, 05:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gi8e7oi825
I'm in the same boat as the OP except I make 100 HP less and have an auto, completely stock, and this thread doesn't help much lol
Go with a 9 inch or a fabricated nine inch from any of the vendors or manufacturers, and you'll be headed in the right direction. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Do I really need a 9 inch??? Or is the 12 bolt enough.. M6