Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

how do i recalabrate a spedometer in my V6 after putting in 3:42 gears

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i recalabrate a spedometer in my V6 after putting in 3:42 gears

i just put a LSD and 3:42 gears in my V6, their great but now the speedo is about ten miles off, and according to my GM Dealer the cars CPU has turned off my cruise control and my ABS. they told me all i need to do is get it reprogrammed, and told me to look in to Hypertech. However Hypertech doesn't make anything that works. I would just really like my speed to be right if nothing ells. Has any one run into a similar problem after a diff and gear swap?
Old 12-11-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might try in the tuning board but what trans and year?
Old 12-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sethcc
i just put a LSD and 3:42 gears in my V6, their great but now the speedo is about ten miles off, and according to my GM Dealer the cars CPU has turned off my cruise control and my ABS. they told me all i need to do is get it reprogrammed, and told me to look in to Hypertech. However Hypertech doesn't make anything that works. I would just really like my speed to be right if nothing ells. Has any one run into a similar problem after a diff and gear swap?
Any hand held programmer with your "vehicle definition" can do it, if you don't want to buy one maybe a local tuner will reflash it for you? If it were me I would get a tuner to make the change as you may also have to clear a error code, however not likely. ex: Jet DST, HP Tuner, EFI Live.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:25 PM

ok cool thanks alot all try that and its a 1999 with an auto trans