Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

what rear end to get

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what rear end to get

looking to get a new rear end soon because i don't think the 7.5" is going to hold up long after the new build. the easiest thing to do is just get a 9" but i think that is kinda overkill for my car. Car will most likely never see a sticky track but going to run nittos on the street. i think i can get away with a strange 12 bolt don't you guys think? car will be putting down somewhere between 440-480RWHP plus a 150 shot. what do you guys think i should be running for a rearend?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by little_chewy_69
looking to get a new rear end soon because i don't think the 7.5" is going to hold up long after the new build. the easiest thing to do is just get a 9" but i think that is kinda overkill for my car. Car will most likely never see a sticky track but going to run nittos on the street. i think i can get away with a strange 12 bolt don't you guys think? car will be putting down somewhere between 440-480RWHP plus a 150 shot. what do you guys think i should be running for a rearend?
the Strange 12 bolt will work great for you, but the S60 from Strange will have best chance of not picking up gear noise and will hold just about anything you can throw at it. the S60 comes standard with a Truetrac diff and 35 spline axles, ring gear is 9.75 inches od! best of all it is the best bang for the buck in a direct bolt-in rearend for the f-body, and slightly less cost than a 12 bolt even. you will also want to get a better driveshaft to compliment the rearend as it will become the weak link in the driveline. call or pm us for more info or a quote... we are a direct dealer for Strange and Moser and have the best deal you will find on any rearend for the f-body car!