Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9 inch rearend? does anyone know

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 inch rearend? does anyone know

With the 9 inch rearend what differential should i get , if i keep it as a street/strip car?

Should it also be shortened any at all?
Old 02-15-2004, 11:32 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blown96SS
With the 9 inch rearend what differential should i get , if i keep it as a street/strip car?

Should it also be shortened any at all?
Depends on what you do but you can't go wrong with a tratech detroit locker
Old 02-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Launching!

I favor the locker for a street/strip setup. Should what be shorter? The driveshaft? Depends. Some people are ok with the stock DS and some need it about 1/2" shorter. In one case, someone needed a longer DS. I would just wait and see if your stock DS worked first and then take it from there.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

I've heard mixed messages on what to get. I plan on getting the traction lock because I have a M6. I have heard that the M6 cars with the lockers jump around on the gear shifts. I've never experienced this, but thats what an installer has told me.
If I had an automatic I would get a locker. I think it has to do with the application of power.

I've heard mixed messages on the ds length too. I think the best way is to measure. I've heard exact fit, +1/2 and -1/2.