Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Fabbed 9 with Kooks True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try but it will take me another week, they are finishing up they have to add the wide band and fuel pressure gauges to my pod and tune and do a few other things before its totally done and then I can get you all, all the pics you need.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol I better have my exhaust by then. I won't need the pics then.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
Lol I better have my exhaust by then. I won't need the pics then.
For your reference this is what the boxes look like

Old 07-20-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LPE 403
For your reference this is what the boxes look like

I hate you.............
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

I hate you.............
lmfao...sorry buddy, couldn't resist. Tried, but just couldn't
Old 07-20-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

put those pipes over the axle and tell me how the clearance looks, lol.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes take plenty of pictures please.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have true duals and a MWC 9".
Pics in sig.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Pics in sig.
Looks amazing.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Pics in sig.
Yeah your duals are extremely nice! I almost went with something custom fabbed like yours after I saw your pics. But after making calls to find someone who could do the work, I got the kooks just for simplicity.
But your pipes are only 2.5" and they are closer together over the axle than the kooks 3" pipes that appear to have a decent gap between the two pipes over the axle, and you don't have a backbrace. So I can't really draw any conclusions from your pics if the kooks is going to clear or not.
Nice setup again!!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

OK! supposedly my duals are shipping to maryland speed from kooks today! So i should have them around Wednesday! I got the entire week off work next week too, so i'll have plenty of time to get them installed, and get the car cleaned up. Then I have to get 400 more break in miles on my rear end and clutch.

Last edited by TransWS6Am; 07-22-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

One more twist, anyone had a PST 3 1/2" Aluminum DS with this combo? I think the extra 1/4" might be enough the break the DS tunnels space to its limit.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

OK! supposedly my duals are shipping to maryland speed from kooks today! So i should have them around Wednesday! I got the entire week off work next week too, so i'll have plenty of time to get them installed, and get the car cleaned up. Then I have to get 400 more break in miles on my rear end and clutch.
LMAO....and you believed them?

Hope it works our for ya dude..... Should be the perfect finishing touch on that thing.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

LMAO....and you believed them?

Hope it works our for ya dude..... Should be the perfect finishing touch on that thing.
I talked to both Kooks and Maryland speed, they both said it was shipping yesterday.
My car will never be finished . Mini tub, new rims and tires, roll cage, I could go on and on.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

I got the call! Brandon at Maryland speed just called, the duals are going out from Maryland speed to me right now! 6 WEEKS AFTER THE ORDER WAS PLACED! Obviously it's in no way Maryland speeds fault, it's all Kooks damn fault.
When i originally placed the order they said the catted and off-road are the same price, weird I know. So I ordered the Catted system, just because I wanted to possibly avoid a future fix a ticket. I was going to punch the inside of the cats out and run them like that, so it looked like I had cats.
Well kooks shipped Maryland speed a off-road version. Brandon asked if I wanted the off-road, and I said "YEAH!", he then said he was gonna give me a $40 credit, and is going to throw in the rear O2 bung plugs. Maryland speed is awsome! and Kooks, well your not very awesome, thanks for robbing me of 6 weeks of being able to drive my car this summer!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

I got the call! Brandon at Maryland speed just called, the duals are going out from Maryland speed to me right now! 6 WEEKS AFTER THE ORDER WAS PLACED! Obviously it's in no way Maryland speeds fault, it's all Kooks damn fault.
When i originally placed the order they said the catted and off-road are the same price, weird I know. So I ordered the Catted system, just because I wanted to possibly avoid a future fix a ticket. I was going to punch the inside of the cats out and run them like that, so it looked like I had cats.
Well kooks shipped Maryland speed a off-road version. Brandon asked if I wanted the off-road, and I said "YEAH!", he then said he was gonna give me a $40 credit, and is going to throw in the rear O2 bung plugs. Maryland speed is awsome! and Kooks, well your not very awesome, thanks for robbing me of 6 weeks of being able to drive my car this summer!
Hey now be fair...Kooks is busy, just like everyone else. Next, you'll be pissed at UPS when the delivery truck drives into Lake Erie and you have to wait another 6wks for the second order so save your energy, lol
Old 07-25-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Hey now be fair...Kooks is busy, just like everyone else. Next, you'll be pissed at UPS when the delivery truck drives into Lake Erie and you have to wait another 6wks for the second order so save your energy, lol
Then kooks need to put up a disclaimer stating "please allow 1.5 to 2 months for delivery." I follow them on face book, and they are always at one event or another, with there trailer, displaying products. It seems like those people who drive around to the events need to get into the production facility and get thier hands dirty making parts. How are you gonna have employs sitting around in a booth for days, when you have customers waiting weeks and months for products? It doesn't seem like good business sense to me. But whatever their name is to big, and they have been around a long time, so people will wait how ever long they have to for their products.
END RANT! lol, I'm just happy it's finally on its way!

So does it come in 3 boxes? or is one box headers?
Old 07-25-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Then kooks need to put up a disclaimer stating "please allow 1.5 to 2 months for delivery." I follow them on face book, and they are always at one event or another, with there trailer, displaying products. It seems like those people who drive around to the events need to get into the production facility and get thier hands dirty making parts. How are you gonna have employs sitting around in a booth for days, when you have customers waiting weeks and months for products? It doesn't seem like good business sense to me. But whatever their name is to big, and they have been around a long time, so people will wait how ever long they have to for their products.
END RANT! lol, I'm just happy it's finally on its way!

So does it come in 3 boxes? or is one box headers?
Lol....rant recieved and understood . Didnt suck for me because I'm waiting for everything else, but I get the frustration when its the ONLY thing you're waiting for.

One box was headers....boxes are HUGE. Looking forward to your pics of the install!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Alright guys, the exhaust is on the car!! It is very close over the axle with the MWC 9". I'd say there is about 1/2" between the exhaust pipe and the 3rd member housing. I took it for a short drive and it didn't seem to be hitting going over bumps. I'm going to get it back in the air tomorrow and see if I can get the exhaust to sit just alittle bit higher, and adjust the exhaust tips some more. I'd say it would clear perfectly with stock springs, but I have strano springs. If I can't get the exhaust to sit higher and I find that the pipes are hitting the axle, I may go get a set of stock rear springs, as much as I would hate too.
OH! pictures and video will be posted tomorrow!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Alright guys, the exhaust is on the car!! It is very close over the axle with the MWC 9". I'd say there is about 1/2" between the exhaust pipe and the 3rd member housing. I took it for a short drive and it didn't seem to be hitting going over bumps. I'm going to get it back in the air tomorrow and see if I can get the exhaust to sit just alittle bit higher, and adjust the exhaust tips some more. I'd say it would clear perfectly with stock springs, but I have strano springs. If I can't get the exhaust to sit higher and I find that the pipes are hitting the axle, I may go get a set of stock rear springs, as much as I would hate too.
OH! pictures and video will be posted tomorrow!
Fail! Post with no pics? You know the rules.....

Quick Reply: Midwest Fabbed 9 with Kooks True Duals?