Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

cant get my Screw in wheel stud in , ABS ring in the way

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant get my Screw in wheel stud in , ABS ring in the way

getting ready to install my MOSER 12Bolt rearend , i get to the point where i need to install my screw in wheels studs and press the bearings on the axles , and the head of the stud will not clear the ABS ring , can i press off the ABS ring , install the studs and reinstall the ring ? .. how much of a press fit is it?

Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You can pop the rings off using a pry bar by carefully working your way around the rings. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-14-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
You can pop the rings off using a pry bar by carefully working your way around the rings. Bob
tryed prying them off , that didnt work , i put them in my 10ton press , problem is there is only about .250-.312 between the axle flange and the ABS ring so any steel i had at the shop wasn't strong enough it kept bending ....
Old 04-14-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be able to get it of with just a long pry bar. Take a propane or map torch to the ring for a few tens of seconds...it will come off I promise. No press required to get it off.

Now when you put it back on you need to get the reluctor wheel as close as possible to the sensor AND you need to minimize the runout on the reluctor or abs tcs will not work and youll need to pull the abs fuse until you get it right...ask me how I know
Old 04-15-2013, 04:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by therabidweasel
Should be able to get it of with just a long pry bar. Take a propane or map torch to the ring for a few tens of seconds...it will come off I promise. No press required to get it off.

Now when you put it back on you need to get the reluctor wheel as close as possible to the sensor AND you need to minimize the runout on the reluctor or abs tcs will not work and youll need to pull the abs fuse until you get it right...ask me how I know
i tryed heating it , then prying it off with no luck ..i'm going to call Moser today , prob end up sending them back have them do it.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sent them back to MOSER

Quick Reply: cant get my Screw in wheel stud in , ABS ring in the way