Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

How much would a used Moser 12 bolt be worth

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much would a used Moser 12 bolt be worth

I bought a 98 z28 with a 12 bolt. I'm thinking of selling it and getting an M6 car or a GTO.

The axle has 3.42s and has 70k on it, setup for ASR and ABS. I was thinking of putting a 10 bolt back in the camaro and saving for my next car or, selling it.

How much would said axle fetch on the used market? I just want to know if it'd be worth the trouble.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which differential and which axles are in it will affect price , but if you can take someone for a ride in your car and show them it doesn't whine and the Posi works well it's gotta be worth $1500 + or - a couple hundred depending on what options you can prove are in it, even if options and miles on unit are unknown if you can demonstrate it functions properly $1200+ in my opinion.

Used 10 bolts can be had for 300 or so from the junkyard and keeping the 12 bolt would be very smart if your looking for an M6 f body
Old 10-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murphinator
Which differential and which axles are in it will affect price , but if you can take someone for a ride in your car and show them it doesn't whine and the Posi works well it's gotta be worth $1500 + or - a couple hundred depending on what options you can prove are in it, even if options and miles on unit are unknown if you can demonstrate it functions properly $1200+ in my opinion.

Used 10 bolts can be had for 300 or so from the junkyard and keeping the 12 bolt would be very smart if your looking for an M6 f body
It does whine a little, only at certain RPMs though. 40 mph at 2k on the gas. No other times

But yeah I'd advertise as a ring R&P being a good idea.

Quick Reply: How much would a used Moser 12 bolt be worth