Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Superior Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Superior Gear?

After sending countless emails with no reply, I finally gave them a call today requesting prices on their gearsets...

They said they don't sell to the public, so I asked for a local vendor's number...

I called the vendor and they said they only carry Superior Axles, not the gears

Ok, so I give Superior a call again and asked one of the sales reps where I might be able to get a set of 3.73's or 4.10's for my T/A and he said they don't make those ratios for 7.5" rears

How can this be possible when so many people here have recommended them?

Aztek T/A WS7 & 70 RAM AIR IV T/A
Moderator @ LS2, FAST LS1, FUELSLUT,
The F-Body Hideout, LS1Turd & ChopperForums
Old 05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER
After sending countless emails with no reply, I finally gave them a call today requesting prices on their gearsets...

They said they don't sell to the public, so I asked for a local vendor's number...

I called the vendor and they said they only carry Superior Axles, not the gears

Ok, so I give Superior a call again and asked one of the sales reps where I might be able to get a set of 3.73's or 4.10's for my T/A and he said they don't make those ratios for 7.5" rears

How can this be possible when so many people here have recommended them?

Aztek T/A WS7 & 70 RAM AIR IV T/A
Moderator @ LS2, FAST LS1, FUELSLUT,
The F-Body Hideout, LS1Turd & ChopperForums
4-Wheel-Parts carries Superior gear sets, or they did, not sure in that I don't offroad since selling my TJ. They make them for serious axles not these axles they put in our fbodies that also came in v6 Blazers .

It also depends on what series carrier you have. Example: I just ordered 4;10s to replace the 3:73 gears in my 12 bolt, they are 3 series carrier though which are thicker gear sets which I am happy about, but only limited availablity. Richmond had them for 200 bucks which compared to something like motive for 180 bucks or so it's not that big a deal, wouldn't use Motive anyway.