Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Shortening Moser 9"

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shortening Moser 9"

Alright guys I have a Moser 9" that came with my SS when I purchased it. I bought a bunch of parts like lower control arms, panhard bar, relocation brackets , etc...but have been hesitant to put the rear in. I really would love to narrow the rear 2-3" per side before I install it. Having the housing cut and welded doesnt bother me at all, it's the axles. Woud it make more sense to send the axles to Moser or anywhere you guys suggest to be cut and resplined or just buy new axles? I know there are plenty on here with narrowed rears, just looking for some insight.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Moser dry cuts their splines anyway so sending them back in may be your best bet if they are not assembled and installed.

Depending on costs involved you may be in better shape to just sell off the housing and axles as a matched set versus investing more in them. What you have is very marketable this time of year. We have a lot of customers we have sold our fabricated 9" package to that are in your exact same situation and decided to move up instead of putting more money into what you already have.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Teching In

I appreciate the suggestion, and will consider it. I have always liked your products and will be buying your SFC set soon. But anyone else had any experience with this, just looking for suggestions from people who have narrowed these things.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-A...er-9-Axles.htm

I sell new Moser axles at the above link. I'd either send in your axles to Moser to get cut and resplined or buy new ones. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Default Moser Axles

As far as the axles go, I sent mine back to Moser. They received them on a Monday and shipped back out on Wednesday. Very fast and great customer service. I cut my housing down 3" on each side and cut off the the mounting tabs for the cast torque arm mount. I will be running MWC short race TA.

Quick Reply: Shortening Moser 9"