Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

can't figure it out can you????

Old 05-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't figure it out can you????

ok i will try to make this easy to understand.i hear a like binding noise that seems to be near the tires in the back (not like a metal on metal sound) and seems to mostly in reverse like backing up cutting the wheels.here is what was recently installed 12 bolt moser,bmr torque arm,strange driveshaft which i got used off a 6 speed car,not sure if that matters,x-stream rear sway bar,and hal shocks. ok here is the weird thing ,if i get a little speed in reverse and put it in neutral and cut the wheels i hear nothing.would that eliminate any problem with the axel or gears? i also pulled off the sway bar and checked that out with out it and still makes the noise.after i back up and move forward the sound seems to lessen on straight aways but if you cornner hard enough it is back.any thing you guys can help me with would be great,im going to the f-body gathering thursday and i really want to figure this out...
Old 05-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Big tires like 315's that are rubbing the fenders? Rear brakes or calipers dragging? Is there oil in the new 12 bolt Moser?
Old 05-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no i have stock size tires and elimanated the brakes.i just changed the oil again and will give it a few miles to work in.thanks cal
Old 05-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you put the limited slip additive in the oil?

Search this Thread