Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Any pics of a mwc 9" installed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any pics of a mwc 9" installed?

So I am almost done installing my mwc 9" but have a few questions. Does anybody have any pictures of theirs installed of the front center chunk with the bracket that has the 2 brake lines coming out of it? I can't seem to figure out where to attach it to mine. I pulled one of the nuts off thinking it would slide over the bolt and then just use the nut to tighten it down but it won't turn near enough to slide over the bolt. Do you have to make a different bracket to make it work or modify that bracket? Also, is there any videos of how to adjust the rear in the car with a plumb and bob to get is centered left to right and front to back? I just want to see where to attach the string to the body and what it needs to touch to make it square. Hope this isn't to confusing of questions and I explained it right.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

This bracket?

Old 03-04-2016, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

That would definitely be it. I was getting confused on how to install it because it still has the lines attached to it and the rear is in the car with the torque arm already installed. It seems like I'm going to have to remove the torque arm though to get the brake line to run across the pumpkin and the bracket to fit. It was just hard to twist the bracket into place with the lines attached. I see your lines weren't attached to the bracket at first but is that because they are aftermarket? Sorry for all the questions but that picture seems to help.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet
That would definitely be it. I was getting confused on how to install it because it still has the lines attached to it and the rear is in the car with the torque arm already installed. It seems like I'm going to have to remove the torque arm though to get the brake line to run across the pumpkin and the bracket to fit. It was just hard to twist the bracket into place with the lines attached. I see your lines weren't attached to the bracket at first but is that because they are aftermarket? Sorry for all the questions but that picture seems to help.

I made all new lines as seen and did put it under the TA, it is a tight fit under there. The stock ones get beat up over time.

Good luck.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where did you get the lines to run it yourself and are they just braided stainless? They seem to be more flexible which would make it easier to run them.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

This what I ordered.

Keep in mind I have a 4 ch ABS car.

The NiCopp is very flexible. Read up on it. It is a special material for brake line used by Porche and Volvo. I also bought some of the spiral protector you see on a lot of factory lines and added that for additional protection.

Jeggs shows kits and premade unbent lines.

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...11534/10002/-1
Old 03-07-2016, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anybody have any pictures of the factory lines/bracket installed? I want to see how that is set up first before I go and buy the Nicopp lines. They are still an option but I would prefer to be able to keep the factory stuff for right now.

Quick Reply: Any pics of a mwc 9" installed?