Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

02 ls1, which axle shafts? motive or moser

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 ls1, which axle shafts? motive or moser

Started my rearend rebuild two nights ago and got to the part of the rebuild where we put the axle shaft bearings and axle shafts back in...

The axle shafts show definate signs of wear at the bearings and I put in some repair bearings. Well, now with the shimmed carrier and new Motive 3.90 gears, the c clips won't drop in because the repair bearings are sticking out too far from the end of the axle tubes and preventing the shafts from coming in far enough. My only option to get the car back on the road quick is to get some standard bearings and reinstall the worn shafts and hope for the best temporarily.

Question is, which Moser or Motive axle shafts do I need to get for this car, I see they make more than one? It's a 2002 B4C LS1 6 speed, traction control, ABS. I want to go ahead and get the better shafts and have them on stand by to go ahead and replace the axle shafts one weekend down the road.

I'm looking to get whichever axle shaft is the best value (Motive or Moser). Not building a race car, but I want something that when I replace the axle shafts, I don't have to worry much about it again for a long time.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Both are good axles for your needs. The Moser axles are about 100.00 more than the Motive, and the Motive axles are covered under a 10 year warranty.

MWC offers both, give us a call and we will be happy to help!
Old 05-27-2016, 02:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

traction control axles are different than non-traction control axles as they must accept the TC tone/reluctor rings. The rings are no longer available and you have to remove the rings off your current axles and press them onto the new axles.

traction control axles
USA Standard Gear-ZA G26059972 (35037)
Moser-A102806
AlloyUSA-17136

Name:  34channelaxles.jpg
Views: 2585
Size:  59.5 KB

Quick Reply: 02 ls1, which axle shafts? motive or moser