Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Replacing 10 Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Replacing 10 Bolt

Hi Guys,

I'm going to replace my rear end...what are some important steps to take it our right. I didn't see a thread so I thought I ask, thanks guys!
Old 09-27-2016, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Brute-Spe...nformation.htm

The info that I have put together at this link should help answer some of your questions. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-27-2016, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first step is choosing the right rearend for your application, second I would choose a vender that has the knowledge and experience to get you the right parts the first time because this is a big purchase and you only want to spend money one time. We have multiple options when choosing a rear whether you want our fab 9'' Moser 12 bolt or 9'' Strange 12 bolt or S60 we have you covered on all your needs even down to the best tech support when installing your new rearend
Old 09-27-2016, 09:06 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by WBO_COTTO
Hi Guys, I'm going to replace my rear end...what are some important steps to take it our right. I didn't see a thread so I thought I ask, thanks guys!
It's actually not that difficult. Trans torque arm bushing, driveshaft, panhard, Lower control arms, shocks. Make sure you support the rear first.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hardest part of my install was uncooperative brake lines. Other than that its basically unbolt the old, pull the brake plates off, follow the procedures to put the new together, bolt it in place, then bleed your brake lines. I was lucky enough to have a lift at the time, but honestly it would of been just as easy to do on jack stands.

Got my moser through Bob. Quick and painless and he has a lot of install help on his site as well so you don't have to call every thirty seconds asking questions.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

If you have adjustable suspension parts (control arms, torque arm, panhard bar, anti roll bar, and coilovers like I do) it's important to have the wheelbase, pinion angle and ride height correct.

I took the time to get all these things setup spending a good amount of time getting the wheelbase back to factory. I then set my panhard bar.

Set the ride height how you want it, and then adjust your pinion angle to your desired setpoint. After that I set up my anti roll bar.

A lot of people talk about how easy it is to bolt a new rear end in, and I agree, it's not that bad at all. Just take the time after the new rear is in to set up your suspension properly.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob

I wish your thread was around 18 years ago when I was fighting with GM about all my 1998 Trans Am rear end issues. As one good mechanic finally confessed Gm put a chevette rear end with a corvette engine.

My TA has been parked for about 3 years with another broken rear end. Two were rebuilt under warranty. I need a new rear end that's going to hold up to daily driving and some high rpm clutch drops

I am having seriuos withdrawal issues not driving it. What I need is a kit that I can swap over to scrap the OEM rear end. I want to keep my car stock but still crush mustangs and rice rockets.

My problem is I live in Saskatchewan Canada. Not many trans ams around or parts suppliers. We have good car show that eventually i would like to show my car at. Have you shipped rear end kits up in Canada?

​​​​​​​what's your contact info?

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Brute-Spe...nformation.htm

The info that I have put together at this link should help answer some of your questions. Bob
Old 02-11-2017, 08:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Lanky Gypsy
Bob

I wish your thread was around 18 years ago when I was fighting with GM about all my 1998 Trans Am rear end issues. As one good mechanic finally confessed Gm put a chevette rear end with a corvette engine.

My TA has been parked for about 3 years with another broken rear end. Two were rebuilt under warranty. I need a new rear end that's going to hold up to daily driving and some high rpm clutch drops

I am having seriuos withdrawal issues not driving it. What I need is a kit that I can swap over to scrap the OEM rear end. I want to keep my car stock but still crush mustangs and rice rockets.

My problem is I live in Saskatchewan Canada. Not many trans ams around or parts suppliers. We have good car show that eventually i would like to show my car at. Have you shipped rear end kits up in Canada?

​​​​​​​what's your contact info?

Chevette rear with a Corvette engine is about right. I do ship up there, give me a call tomorrow afternoon, or Monday if you're busy tomorrow.
260 672-2076. If I don't pick up, leave a message as I'll be cutting firewood tomorrow. Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Replacing 10 Bolt