Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Noob Question about Rearend install

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob Question about Rearend install

So I have a 98 ss auto that's heads/cam/stall. Currently making 403rwhp and I want to get put more tire on to get better track times. But before I do that I was wanting to get a 9in in my car. I have decided on a Quick Performance with Moser axles with 3.73 gears.

http://www.quickperformance.com/QP-G...xles_p_55.html

The question I have is what other "supporting mods" should I be looking at and including on my install?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

What other suspension mods if any do you have on your car? Springs, shocks, control arms, T/A etc?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by biketopia
What other suspension mods if any do you have on your car? Springs, shocks, control arms, T/A etc?
I have BMR Lowering Springs, Koni Adjustable shocks in the front and I will be getting Koni Adjustable shocks for the back as well when I Install the rear end. UMI subframe connectors as well.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

What about an adjustable panhard bar, aftermarket or box your stock rear lower control arms, after market torque arm?
Old 07-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Teching In

What about an adjustable panhard bar, aftermarket or box your stock rear lower control arms, after market torque arm?
All stock
Old 07-19-2017, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you drag racing or auto crossing/cannon carving? First thing first you need to get the torque arm off the trans. If you're drag racing look into upgrading to a tunnel mount torque arm, the shorter arm helps the instant center tremendously and plants the rear, plus keeps you from breaking your trans housing. The factory lower rear control arms are a flimsy stamped steel, if your on a budget you can put new bushings in and box them and that helps tremendously. I have some pictures in one of my threads that show the boxed arms. Adjustable pan hard bar comes into play with re centering the rear end under the car once you lower it, if you're keeping stock wheels and tires you can probably skip this for now, but it's very much needed when going to a wider wheel and tire combo.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Are you drag racing or auto crossing/cannon carving? First thing first you need to get the torque arm off the trans. If you're drag racing look into upgrading to a tunnel mount torque arm, the shorter arm helps the instant center tremendously and plants the rear, plus keeps you from breaking your trans housing. The factory lower rear control arms are a flimsy stamped steel, if your on a budget you can put new bushings in and box them and that helps tremendously. I have some pictures in one of my threads that show the boxed arms. Adjustable pan hard bar comes into play with re centering the rear end under the car once you lower it, if you're keeping stock wheels and tires you can probably skip this for now, but it's very much needed when going to a wider wheel and tire combo.
Definitely a drag car. Would I want a panhard bar relocation kit or would an "on car" one be good?
Old 07-19-2017, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure on which would be better in that accord, maybe one of the chassis guys will drop by and give a little better insight. I'd guess an on car adjustable one would do you just fine though.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Not sure on which would be better in that accord, maybe one of the chassis guys will drop by and give a little better insight. I'd guess an on car adjustable one would do you just fine though.

Awesome. Well thanks, I appreciate all the help👍🏻
Old 07-20-2017, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem, I'm building a little street strip car and just picked up a set of strano springs, koni str.t shocks, spohn torque arm and on car panhard bar. All supper nice pieces and night and day difference over stock just from their design aspect. The engine is out of the car at the moment but throwing those parts on while I'm waiting on a few things for the motor build has re-excited me to get this build done.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:41 AM
Teching In

No problem, I'm building a little street strip car and just picked up a set of strano springs, koni str.t shocks, spohn torque arm and on car panhard bar. All supper nice pieces and night and day difference over stock just from their design aspect. The engine is out of the car at the moment but throwing those parts on while I'm waiting on a few things for the motor build has re-excited me to get this build done.
Thats awesome, I almost went with Strano springs. I cant wait to get all of this finished up!

Quick Reply: Noob Question about Rearend install