Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Strange S60 - No warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

This whole warranty thing is part of the reason why I'm considering DTS for the S60. They are less than a hour from me, and i had long talk with them about their warranty and whatnot. They are a small outfit, and said if I had any issues that was due to them or their rear end, to just bring in on over and they would take care of it. Being a S60 I'm not too worried, but having them a few miles from me is a huge bonus. Plus they can install it right then and there in a couple hours they said.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:45 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I saw that thread previously. That thing was atrocious. My gut tells me that it didn't leave moser like that, that it was dropped along the way. How could you bend the axle flanges like that?
Dropped for sure
Old 02-16-2018, 06:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

We bought our Strange S60 straight from Strange. I was told it was the only rear end they made that had a warranty. I was told it carried a five year unconditional warranty. The salesman told me he didn't care what we did to it. If it broke send it back and they would either fix it or replace it no questions asked. And I can see why. Three years. All kinds of street driving with pro gears with 40 spline axles and a spool. Just pulled the cover and checked lash. Absolutely no wear. IMO the Strange S60 is one thing you won't have to worry about for a long long time. Anyone that tells you a nine inch is way easier to change gears is wrong. Unless you have an extra center section to change at the track for 1/8 to 1/4 mile why would you even change your gears at the track. The nine inch has a very primitive torque arm mount that ends up beating the crap out of your tunnel where the S60 has it integrated into the housing. The trade offs are the S60 is slightly stronger but weigh a little more and the nine inch robs power because of the design.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The Moser M9, which is Moser's fabricated 9 inch, has well designed torque arm mounts that are much smaller than what is used on the standard nine inch. The M9 is very well suited to cars that are lowered and clear the tunnel very well.

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-16-2018, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

One reason I chose the S60 was you can go with a much beefier torque arm with huge hiems because of the way its mounted. The leverage goes down instead of up so you have plenty of room. No ground clearance problems either. You don't have to go to smaller diameter tubing with smaller hiems to get it to fit. Seen too many torque arms break or tore out or folded up.
Attached Thumbnails Strange S60 - No warranty?-102.jpg  
Old 02-23-2018, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best thing you can do if you don’t understand Racing Parts generally do not come with a warranty is to build it yourself and save money doing so and warranty it yourself!

That’s exactly what I did with my 9”. I had Currie make my housing, sourced a new Currie complete 3rd member from eBay for $355 and due to some shoddy crap pulled by the seller (very reputable company [it wasn’t Currie, they’ve been awesome]because they ended up making it right) they threw in new 35 Spline Currie Axles and bearings with 1/2” studs and a billet 1350 yoke. I have also sourced two brake kits on Craigslist and here from this site new for super cheap. I’m literally into my all new 9” for less that $1000 by being patient!
Old 02-23-2018, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I should explain the shoddy part.

The seller advertised a Brand New Unused Currie 3rd member 3.55 35 Spline Spool assembly. All of the photos were shown as they are from Currie. I happened to be in the town of the sellers shop so I stopped by to pick it up. I was handed a completely disassembled 3rd member. The shop manager was just as disgusted by his employees actions as I was and took care of the sale and did the Above and Beyond to fix the situation by throwing in the axles and yoke!

Quick Reply: Strange S60 - No warranty?