Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Look what I got Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Yeah that does suck, how much did the rear end wind up costing you total?
I think it was close to $2300 with everything...

Dan
Old 10-03-2004, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveSchott
I see the scam continues...I bought a Strange going on 3 yrs ago, I was assured by the reseller (a sponsor here) of a low shipping charge, and I paid in the the low 300's as well.

It's not Strange's fault - but the reseller s/b informing people how freight shipping & deliver work and not be low-balling the charges.

BTW, enjoy the axle. I took the time to degrease, rough up, and paint it while on the pallet. Painted the center section with one of the bare metal colored paints, and the tubes and backing plates red.
I hear ya! I would of ordered it anyway knowing the $300 + shipping cost, instead of expecting one figure and and having to get over the shock from it getting another. There must be a better way to figure shipping out then a best guess from the reseller, maybe just call strange themselves.

I did what you did as well. The rear was already very clean so minimal effort was needed there. I welded on the Spohn LCA brackets, then taped everthing off I didn't want painted and primered it and then put some semi-flat black on it, looks really good. I have it about 75% installed now, I got slowed down a bit when I had to modify the E-brake brackets because they won't fit anymore with the Spohn LCA brackets. Got those modded and re-painted then called it a day, it's cake from here though...

Dan