Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Top speed 10-bolt. Need suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top speed 10-bolt. Need suggestions.

I am looking to buy an LS1 f-body in the next few weeks to replace my current 383ci Moser 12-bolt LT1 Firebird. I think I'm going to take a different route with this car though. My current project has been all about dropping ET's by any means necessary, however, road-race style and top speed cars have always peaked my interest, so I've decided to head more in that direction on my next project. I think that for a road-race style car I'll be keeping the stock 10-bolt rear end and just beefing it up a bit. I need suggestions as to what parts should go into a stock 10-bolt to make it a performance rear-end. Not for drag racing, but for extended periods of high RPM driving. Does anyone know of a company that makes a rear end cooler? Also, this may sound stupid, but is it possible to have a rear end temp gauge? If so, how would I go about getting my hands on or making something like that? Thanks.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Check the lastest GM High Tech mag out. There are two guys doing the high speed thing with 10 bolts. They fabbed up a gear oil cooler if I saw right. May have had a temp gauge too.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

Got it. Thanks.