Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

weird issue with rear/axle/tire

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird issue with rear/axle/tire

2001 Trans Am M6. Stock rear end. Same air in all tires, when cold and I leave my house off to work the rear/and or right tire has a whobble almost like one tire has less air in it than the other. Once I've driven for about 10 minutes its gone. What could this be? I also have a whooshing sound coming from either the front right tire or the rear right tire. It makes a whooshing sound each revolution. What the hell is this? A rubbing caliper?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

somebody please?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

me too. It only makes the vibration when its cold or when I just start out in the morning or some thing. It is at 60 to 70 mph for me. I was thinking it was engine related some how but pushing in the clutch and letting it idle at speed doesn't work because the car slows down too much. No wooshing for me but the rear is starting to sound like a locker at low speeds.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

same speeds for me also. Rear makes a lil howl at 45mph in 4th. 60-70mph vibrates a lot for me also. And makes a marble sound coming to a stop when I pop in neutral and come to a dead stop. Dealer said all this was "normal" a bit ago. I am having my fluid changed out soon hopefully will help, not sure fix tho. Let me know what you have tried to eliminate so I can take those steps too. Keep me posted as I will you