Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Those with Billingsley Racing Fabbed 9"....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with Billingsley Racing Fabbed 9"....

Did you have any fitment issues like I read of with Mosers not being a "direct bolt-in", any modding of trans tunnel etc? And are getting gear whine like so many "setup" rears get? I am definately wanting to go to the fabbed rear, but dont want the hassle of having to bang in a tunnel, cut and reweld **** and having gears howl like a pack of wolves! Thanks.

Charlie
Old 02-16-2005, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Cant speak for billingsley but my moser was a direct fit. No problems what so ever. The same for 3 of my other freinds that have 9"s.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:40 AM
10 Second Club

my moser 9in whent in good. just had ot clearnece the tunne little got my BMR TQ arm, and the gears in it are quiter than my stock rear. even after 5000 rpm drops sunday with ET's
Old 02-16-2005, 08:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Cant speak for billingsley but my moser was a direct fit. No problems what so ever. The same for 3 of my other freinds that have 9"s.
what TQ arm did you use?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ya i would like to know the same
Old 02-16-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

We just put a billingsley 9" in Elite_Hot_Rods car with a wolfe torque arm, it fit like butter no modifications of any kind at all. As for the gear whine, he hasnt driven it yet with the new rear.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Exactly like Parker said. It only took us about 2 hours to change the rears, the Billingsley 9" fit perfectly with the Wolfe torque arm.

Originally Posted by Parker TX
We just put a billingsley 9" in Elite_Hot_Rods car with a wolfe torque arm, it fit like butter no modifications of any kind at all. As for the gear whine, he hasnt driven it yet with the new rear.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Restricted User

Elite, thanks. Thats exactly what I was asking for "Billingsley 9" User's" input. I am planning on getting mine this summer and b/w another Army AIT and "normal" life, time will be tighter than normal, but without any surprises I am hoping a 2-3hr swap teaching my wife how at the same time
What TA are using with your new B9?
Did you have the Wolfe Bar ordered and sent with the B9 or installed later?
Thanks guys.

Charlie
Old 02-18-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

Hes got the Wolfe TA and we sent the Wolfe anti roll bars to Billingsley to have them put on. The reason we didnt get his because we had ours before we ordered the rear end.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Restricted User

Parker, sounds like an excellent setup. I guess I need to look into the B9 Sway Bar now as well. I was planning on getting the Wolfe not knowing B had his own. Good info. The only issue I will forsee with the rear setup is the Wolfe TA front crossmember, as I have TDs now, and need to get them redone to go under a TA Xmember. Been waiting for all the rearend stuff before I waste $ on a TA now, then redo it for a diff. setup later.
Thanks again.

Charlie
Old 02-18-2005, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good choice Cat.my moser went in fine.had to yank out the center section for the gear swap and went back in with no problem.maui off road did the swap and did the rest on jackstand in the garage.good luck brah!
Old 02-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Restricted User

Rex, I remember when you did your swap, and IIRC you spent lots of time trying to get the TA back on, something like a couple hours just for that! Anyway, too many ppl have gears whine problems and stuff with these swaps. I trust JB and havent seen anyone post up with his fabbed rear having whine or any other problems. Besides I need it shortened a couple inches
Old 02-19-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Charlie you can't compare a Moser 9" to the Billingsley 9" not even close. The Billingsley is so much more stout than the moser it's not even in the same class.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:50 AM
9 Second Club

Great thread. i'm ordering my Fab 9 this week. i saw on Harlins car, Y2KHawk, that he has wheelie bar mounts on his. does anyone know before i call, if he can add them as an option? or would i need to buy a setup and send it to him for the build?

thanks,
Dave
Old 02-19-2005, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

No fitment problems here.

My Spohn Tq Arm clearanced itself.LOL
I believe the Wolfe will fit alot better and I will probably upgrade soon.
I need to Email Jay about some other stuff so I will ask him about his Tq Arm while I am at it.

As for gear whine I set mine up myself and the richmond 4.33s make a little noise on the coast side. But that is to be expected with that ratio.
This was the second gear I have ever setup so that prolly has a little to do with it too.

Brad
Old 02-19-2005, 06:56 PM
9 Second Club

i've got a BMR Track Pack setup. does anyone know if i can expect any fitment issues?

thanks,
Dave
Old 02-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Charlie you can't compare a Moser 9" to the Billingsley 9" not even close. The Billingsley is so much more stout than the moser it's not even in the same class.
Yeah I know, thats why I wanted to hear from the Fabbed 9 guys. I see some ppl "never had an issue" with their Moser, but they are the exception to the rule. I want the **** done right, and to last sans problems.

Now I need to find the right combo, TA (to clear True Duals) Drag Bar, might go all JB for it. Hopefully I can find a TA that mounts up tight, so the exhaust can be plumbed under the Xmember. Thats the **** deal with TDs.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

The pics I have seen for the Wolfe Tq Arm look like there will be plenty of clearance for exhaust.

I have TDs with my Spohn Tq Arm. I used a Dr Gas Tandem X-Pipe that has both pipes real close together. The X is located inside the crossmember right where the stock I pipe would be.

Brad
Old 02-20-2005, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im running one of jays rears with a mark williams center section and a wolfe torque arm. Also running a mufflix 4" exhaust. Everything fits up perfect.With the suspension compressed hard the torque arm just rubs the side of the trans tunnel. If you want the best rearend for your car, Billingsley is the answer.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Restricted User

Brad, do you have, or can you get a pic of the X pipe fitment up there? I had my TDs setup at a Island local exhaust shop, not exactly what I asked for either:
Wanted- 2.5" duals, V-band flanged to the collectors, with close tubing X Pipe (as you described) and slight bend to clear aftermarket TA's, Dynomax or Magnaflow Bullets, V flanged again and then out the back.
I Got- 2.5" duals slip fit over collector, wide shop made X Pipe, close fit to the body around the TA Xmember mounting area preventing me from using an Aftermarket TA, into Blue Streak Bullets (which I must say have a beautiful tone, quiet at idle and nicely grouchy on WOT) then under axle and out- READ: No V bands anywhere! Slip Fit on Collector only and all welded elsewhere.
When I did have my stock 10bolt swapped for a used 10bolt, mine **** spider gears, had to cutoff the pipes post bullets nd add turn downs! So the exhaust will all be redone the way I WANT when the Fab9 goes in. I cant wait!

Thanks for all the input guys and any installed pics are appreciated.

Charlie