Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Tires for Non-F-body

Old 11-19-2001, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tires for Non-F-body

Ok, it has come time to purchase tires for the Aurora as the crappy Cooper's with 65,000 miles on them SUCK in the rain and snow. Even under light acceleration, I could out accelerate the Aurora with my Camaro in the rain these tires are sooo bad!

Anyway, there really isn't much of a great selection to choose from in the 235/60-R16 size.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Aquatred 3 (as I am partial to Goodyear) but I've found Good Years to be a little noisier than the others which I don;t want on a luxury sedan.

I had Pirelli's (P3000 Centurions) on our Lumina and they were pretty good and QUIET however all I see here is the P6000 and I see from reviews and other people I've talked to, they aren;t that great.

Any suggestions? I'd also like to keep a healthy speed rated tire as I spend a lot of time near triple digits.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: Tires for Non-F-body

I was going to recommend the Bridgestone Potenza RE910 until you threw in the high speed rating. They are "T" rated which Tire Rack shows as being up to 118 mph.

These tires are unbeleivable in the rain. We put these on my wife's '96 Monte (225/60/16 size) and I feel like I can drive the car in the rain as fast as when the roads are dry. That's how confident they feel. The car came with Eagle GA's and those tires got scary in the rain.

The tires have a 60,000 mile warranty on them and are reasonably priced. Just a thought.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Tires for Non-F-body

I had the same size tire on our Lumina although it was an RS-A. They weren't too bad traction wise but definetely noisy compared to others.

Yea, I REALLY would like that speed rating as I like to drive fast.

Search this Thread