Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

strange rear end toast after 85 miles

Old 06-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange rear end toast after 85 miles

i recently bought a strange 12 bolt put a 402 slp stroker in with afr heads ported by TEA, I WAS PUT PUTTING for about 85 miles and noticed a leak from both axle backing plates ,it had only drove up to 55mph and shifting easy because everything is new.i called strange and the first guy was trying to say maybe i just overfilled it,and i told him i had only checked it and their was oil up to the fill plug when i installed it,and i was not a mechanic but i can read instructions on installing things.,then he says he's sending seals ,then i'm put to another guy named jc and he tells me to drain the oil and put just 2 qurats in and then see if it leaks,but when i pull the back plate off there is nearly no oil there,and the gears are really wore at the ring and the pinion gear is really worn ,i took digital pictures and sent to strange and after seeing the pics they tell me take it out of the car and they'll have a fed ex truck in the am to get it..
good response after seeing the pics but it took alot of back and forth on the phone ,,can any one tell me what went wrong???i done exzactly as the instructions told me to do,,was the oil overfilled from strange ,?it was not painted so i dont think the vent was stopped up,and i never drove in the rain
so now when i get the rear end back will they send me a new one ,,or fix that one ??any way i'm a very unhappy camper right now,lots of money and work and still i can't race or even ride my car this go round what can i do different or did i do anything wrong???
Old 06-27-2005, 12:21 AM
wrencher

Hard to say what happened, but I'd give them a chance to make it right. At least they sound like they are gonna take care of it.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:45 AM
11 Second Club

I have a feeling Strange will make it right.

Be glad you did not get a Moser and are havin problems.

Brad
Old 06-27-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

The folks I've dealt with at Strange have always been straight with me and have been quick to address any concerns I've had. FWIW, I would give them the benefit of the doubt for now...

Search this Thread