Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

F*** ME CLUNKING, but not the trans or the rear i dont thin

Old 08-06-2005, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F*** ME CLUNKING, but not the trans or the rear i dont thin

okay this was happening before the gear if some of you will recall.. on deaccleration witht he converter locked up she starts kinda shaking, clunking.. the noise is definetly coming from the rear of the car.. its not in the trans, atleast the sound isn't ...

the 4.10's have kinda made it worse do to the fact when cruising there pulling more rpm when im not in the gas.. literally is **** to drive when that is going on, i almost want to keep the converter unlocked always.. missfire codes keep it from doing so most of the time lol, but it finds a way other times... 3rd or 4th is the same..

i think russ suggested a u joint or something of that nature.. where do i get some that wont clunk?

i dont believe it to be the trans.. but even more so i know its not the rear. this did this 2 weeks ago with the 3.23 and today rebuilt with the 4.10.

does fine 800-6000+ rpms at any partial or wot throttle unlocked.. then in 3rd or 4th gear when the verter locks she goes to a clunking.. or JERKING u might say my neck around and it only does it on deaccleration.. if i have the throttle so much as cracked there is no jerk, does fine locked
Old 08-06-2005, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also the new 4.10 has a bout 50 miles.. its a richmond race cut gear or some **** and i was told when i bought it that it would whine.. but whine it does... i dont care about that, but when i pop the cover i do what to know what to check for to be sure its not coming apart or anything ya know..

so hook me up with some info there.. i believe it to be setup right tho

Search this Thread