Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Dimension of Stock Drive Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dimension of Stock Drive Shaft

Im doing a project in college on Carbon Fiber Driveshafts and I need the dimensions for the stock driveshaft so I can do some stress analysis in ANSYS. The dimensions I need are:

Length (just the driveshaft, not the yokes) , Wall Thickness, Overall outer diameter, weight and anything else that might help.

Also if anyone has a carbon fiber driveshaft and has any of these dimensions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Rob K.

I tried using the search feature and wasnt able to come up with anything, also im 300 miles away from my car so looking at mine isnt an option. I was hoping you guys could help.

Last edited by Robs98SS; 11-12-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robs98SS
Im doing a project in college on Carbon Fiber Driveshafts and I need the dimensions for the stock driveshaft so I can do some stress analysis in ANSYS. The dimensions I need are:

Length (just the driveshaft, not the yokes) , Wall Thickness, Overall outer diameter, weight and anything else that might help.

Also if anyone has a carbon fiber driveshaft and has any of these dimensions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Rob K.

I tried using the search feature and wasnt able to come up with anything, also im 300 miles away from my car so looking at mine isnt an option. I was hoping you guys could help.
All I know off the top of my head is that the stocker is 41" from yoke to yoke and that it is 3" in diameter. Don't remember the thickness of the aluminum.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go to Denny's Driveshaft on Google, talk to Denny direct he will give you a plethora of information. Best driveshafts built , a tad heavy, but the best. How about 2,000 hp? I get a warm feeling dumping my 440rwhp at 4,000 rpmwith zero worries.