Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

NEED HELP IMMED!! install axle tube seals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP IMMED!! install axle tube seals?

how do u install the axle seals (little red seals) that comes with the moser 12bolt? as i tried installing it bent and i had to pry it out. i dont have an install tool or a socket large enough...i used light taps around the seal until halfway in it didnt wanna go anymore? wtf? do i juss need to get the install tool or what? anyone have a pic with one installed?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Restricted User

Not familiar with the 12bolt, but the seal on a 9" taps all the way in where there is a "seat" if you will, or a ring where it cant physically go any more. Take a seal to Home Depot/Lowes etc. and find a pipe same diameter (slightly smaller actually) as the seal, cut it down to a useable length and use that as a driver to place equal force on outside surface of seal. If the seal is bent, I would definately get a new one, why risk that one leaking. Napa should have replacements.
GL

Charlie
Old 04-25-2006, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

thanks ill try that, ill also call up the place i bought it from and see what they say
Old 04-25-2006, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Not familiar with the 12bolt, but the seal on a 9" taps all the way in where there is a "seat" if you will, or a ring where it cant physically go any more. Take a seal to Home Depot/Lowes etc. and find a pipe same diameter (slightly smaller actually) as the seal, cut it down to a useable length and use that as a driver to place equal force on outside surface of seal. If the seal is bent, I would definately get a new one, why risk that one leaking. Napa should have replacements.
GL

Charlie

thanks for the heads up ive been wondering about this as well. Also should you grease the insides of these before installing them in the housing or just install as is.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

PArt number is 15142