Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Complaints about your new 9" Ford...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complaints about your new 9" Ford...

Hey guys, not trying to be negative here, but just curious about what issues arised after the installation of your new 9" Ford.

Anything (bolted connections, etc.) work loose? Everything bolt together fine? Was your pinion angle correct post-install? Did your gear set get noisy after doing drag launches? Were there any brake issues?

I've read that the pinion sits lower in the 9" than the factory 10-bolt? Are there any issues related with this?

My buddy's putting a 9" in his car, and I want to make sure we have all of our bases covered.

Ben T.

Last edited by Studytime; 07-31-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only "problems" i've had with my 9" were, my BMR torque arm didn't fit exactly on the TA mount on the rear end....but it's cast and a quick zip with the grinder fixed that...also, where the LCA's bolt to the rear end, and there's the bracket that holds the E-Brake cables, i just had to hammer in a little tab that wouldn't allow the bracket to sit right. again not a huge deal.

those are my only two "delema's" i ran into.... i had a little leak out of my passanger side axle, but i just went over to scott@driveline-solutions house and he replaced both seals for me! so that was pretty sweet.

other then that. scott setup the gears great. i have no complaints with mine. i think my 3.89 gears in my 9" are quieter then my 3.73's in my 10 bolt were....the only time it makes some noise/vibration is when im decelerating from 80mph or higher

overall i am extremely satisfied with my purchase!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am very happy with my MOSER 9 but i HATE the fact that i went with a detroit locker, i would NOT recomend a detroit locker to anyone with a street car
Old 08-02-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to the top?

Ben T.