Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

aw crap - stuck in garage, lca question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default aw crap - stuck in garage, lca question

don't yell at me, the search button isn't working (does it ever during daylight hours?), and i'm in the garage right now trying to get this things together.

i'm in the middle of installing relocation brackets in the stock rear with stock control arms. they are the bolt-in type. it seems my stock control arms are about 1/8" too short. the shank of the bolt can only peek a little bit into the lca bushing. am i mistaken that brackets are supposed to work with the stock arms? or are aftermarket ones needed to make these fit?

it seems that the only way to make them work is to unbolt the shock, but of course you can't drive without shocks.

does it sound like i did something wrong, or do i need to run out and get some adjustable ones?

thanks
Old 05-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

the big hole in the side connects to the shock arm placement.. if you dont connect it the first time you nail it.. you will think you broke the rear!!
Old 05-26-2007, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

yeah, i tried connecting the control arm first, but then the bracket for the shock on the rear won't line up with the bracket arm. i just got back from trying to jack up the rear, seeing if different positions might help, i didn't. i think i got pwned, doh.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Connect the shock first and the bracket to the rear axle, then bolt up the LCA. The LCA is the only thing that keeps the rear from moving back and forth. If it isn't lined up just move the rear until it is lined up. Pry with a screwdriver to pull the rear forward or tap the bolt it (don't mess up the threads though). If you don't have the rear springs installed this would be easy to move the rear around.

Good luck,
Brian