Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Centerforce dual friction

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centerforce dual friction

I recently had a 2002 LS-1 put in my 98 formula (warranty,i bought car 5 months ago) and decided to go ahead with a new Centerforce df clutch as well. The flywheel was resurfaced and I bought the GM internal slave. Has anyone had good luck with this? I followed the 500 mile break-in period, and it seems to be hitting hard but in first under casual accelleration it seems to shake the car. If it is "hot spots on the flywheel" do you think Cforce will warranty this? Will a new flywheel work with my same setup?
Old 12-17-2002, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Centerforce dual friction

Performance cluthes don't like "casual" driving if that means a gradual release or "slipping" the clutch. You can't drive the same way you did you will shake your car apart. Perf clutches have to be "let go" at the first hint of grabbing. If practiced, believe it or not, you will get very smooth at this technique. I practiced in an empty parking lot.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the same clutch,the action of your clutch is normal. remember you don't have a stock clutch anymore. my car does the same thing,you have to raise the rpm's to 1,300 to 1,500 then take off. this will smooth out the clutch alot(close to stock).at this point you have to relearn how to drive your car. the clutch is pretty strong,i've turned 11.71 at 118.6 on it.(i am going to try mcloud for next year). goodluck to ya.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:37 AM
Teching In

I had a centerforce put on my 97 Lt1 and the flywheel resurfaced and the break in period I did right and it clamping force was great but I got a lot of shake on the car and alot at high speeds (over 70mph). The reason was that I should have gotten a new flywheel instead of resurfacing that one. I guess the clearances are really tight with this car and the flywheel resurfaced it knocked it out of balance to. That could be your problem