Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Raced the 9" for the first time Sunday!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raced the 9" for the first time Sunday!!!!

Still feels strange[loose] compared to the 10bolt that you never even think about because it is so smooth and seamless in it's function.

Had a couple of the guys from Zeke's who have experience with lockers try it out to be on the safe side.They said everything was normal and to be carefull in tight turns.

It is pretty well broken in now,a lot less jerky when turning [at first felt like the car was shaking itself to pieces],and I have gotten used to it's ideosyncrasies.

The car is more violent now,not as refined as before.The burnouts are about the same but it grabs a lot harder on the way to the line.

It locks like crazy and Danielle says you can see the difference in launching.

I need my slicks for next week,the DRs aren't able to take anything over 2K without spinning[a few hundred passes on them]and I don't want to slip the clutch[which stood up well so far to the abuse],just dump it.

It was a bad air day yesterday and people were running 2/10s and a few MPH slower than usual so the fact that I was experiencing the same loss was great,I was afraid with all the added weight I would have slowed down some more.

Had put Synthetic in the tranny tuesday and hated it,dumped it wednesday and replaced with Dino oil and it feels great again.

Will dump the lube tomorrow and put in new oil and additive[Yep Fords need it also]and be ready to go.Found some GTA wheels for my slicks that will be perfect for the shortened differential.

As far as the racing goes with a car I was still trying to figure out,I broke out on my second run by -.002 of a second.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Raced the 9

Congrats man. After a while, you won't even notice the difference. The jerking and stuff takes some getting used to, but it's worth it.