Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Bmr etreme anti roll bar help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bmr etreme anti roll bar help?

Never as simple as they say it is. First off I have the moser nine inch which has (I think brackets already welded on for the sway bar?) using the clamps and brackets that came with the sway bar won't work because the brackets already on the rear end are in the way? The other problem I'm having is the brackets for the sway bar to bolt too on the frame rail don't line up in the center of the brackets? Move it one way(SWAY BAR) its in center of one bracket and the outside on the other bracket or vise a verse moving the sway bar the other way? The brackets have a arm on them with a hole for a bolt which from the pics i have it shows the arm going toward the rear of the car? The other misunderstanding I'm having it says to remove shocks to get to bump stops and to drill a 1/2 hole? I can't see any bump stops? Wish there was a video of this on BMR website.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Just found a video on BMR's website which answered some of my questions. Still don't understand the part about taking shocks off and drilling a 1/2 hole and putting a bolt in the hole. I don't see any bump stops next to the shocks anywhere?

Last edited by Driver2; 11-18-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

I hate this damn F-body Camaro! What the hell was i thinking? Should have bought a Chevelle which is a full frame car and i wouldn't have had all this head ache. This car has been nothing but APITA.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Bob, it's somewhat installed with the exception of drilling a hole next to the shock which i still don't understand why this is needed. I couldn't use the axle camp that came with the set up since the rear end already had pads welded on for a sway bar! Anyway I just pulled it out of the driveway and the rear end DID NOT move after installing the sway bar Now onto a rubbing sound i heard driving around the block. Sounds like a brake or rotor hitting the rim. Lots of bugs to work out on this build since I started from the ground up on it. If u can explain what this means to drill out a hole next to top of shock would be a big help?

Last edited by Driver2; 11-19-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver2
Bob, it's somewhat installed with the exception of drilling a hole next to the shock which i still don't understand why this is needed. I couldn't use the axle camp that came with the set up since the rear end already had pads welded on for a sway bar! Anyway I just pulled it out of the driveway and the rear end DID NOT move after installing the sway bar Now onto a rubbing sound i heard driving around the block. Sounds like a brake or rotor hitting the rim. Lots of bugs to work out on this build since I started from the ground up on it. If u can explain what this means to drill out a hole next to top of shock would be a big help?

Bill, this is where you bump stops should be at. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 11-20-2017, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Bob! Guess Ill order them from summit .
Old 11-21-2017, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

My S60 also gave me the same problem for the brackets. What I did was make my own spacers and bolted them up to the sway bar brackets on the rear end then drilled (after careful measuring) to bolt the extreme bmr anti roll bar to using the bushings provided. For my ride height it was basically the only option besides cutting the brackets off the S60 and welding new ones. I didn't want to do that since it was powder coated. I used 1/2 steel.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. I got bigger u bolts and used the pads that was already welded on the rear end it seems to be working ok.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver2
Thanks. I got bigger u bolts and used the pads that was already welded on the rear end it seems to be working ok.
Thats good! I love mine. No body roll whatsoever. Really stiffened up the car but it rides good on the street.

Quick Reply: Bmr etreme anti roll bar help?