Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS

Anyone have a Bumblebee ?? I Pick mine up next Friday !

I have been in love with this car since the first Transformers movie..

At the begining of the second movie while in the theater I said "I'm buying that car!". I started out by buying a little matchbox or hot wheels of my car and made my plan..

I knew what I wanted from the start, Bumblebee, but then came the confusion..

It was hard to choose between the manual and the auto. I have not seen a bumblebee with a manual by the way, have you ?

I was going to order a LS3 bumblebee, but they took the option off the GM website a week too soon .
I was caught off guard, and needed my car!!!!

I wanted that extra 26 hp soo bad.. The manual is an animal, but you can chill in the auto and it still has plenty of power...

I test drove so many camaros.. I think everybody knows how a 2010 camaro test drive goes.

It starts out with telling the salesman to hang on! And he replies "what happends on the test drive stays on the test drive" or "It's a sports car check it out!' or "I love camaro test drives"

And "I test drove them!"

LS3 vs l99 .. 426hp vs 400hp, "does it really matter?" they are all fast !

The v-6 even has some *****, but if I got the v-6 it would be the stick..
But the v-6 is a totally different car.

Any v-6 bumblebees out there ?

I looked at soo many colors... For me the Black , Silver, Blue, Red all looked good too.. I asked myself "Which one would be the easiest to keep clean?", "which one would show less scratches?"

In the end I got the one that I wanted from the begining..Bumblebee, but at another dealer because the dealer where I was going to buy the car they knew that I wanted it and tried to take advantage of me..

They were very nice in the begining, but in the end I was like taken for granted, and that pissed me off..

So I went to the next place and got it there.. ... @ a good price too!
They are all the same cars...

By next big dilemma is the front plate.. where to put it?

I drive for a living and I have an excellent driver discount on my insurance, so I don't want any tickets.. BUT the factory front plate mount is ugly.. I bought a show and go license plate bracket, and the dealer has another one that mounts from under the nose..

This is my story... To Be Continued...

-------------------------
2010 Camaro SS/RS L99/Auto
Transformers Special Edition
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS-15190782490_orig.jpeg   2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS-15190782494_orig.jpeg   2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS-15190782488_orig.jpg   2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS-5456-2-.jpg   2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS-5456.jpg  

2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS-5456-8-.jpg   2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS-5456-9-.jpg   2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS-5456-7-.jpg  

Last edited by jdonnarumma; 01-21-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a v6 bumblebee transformers package for sale in Lithia Twin Falls, Idaho
Old 01-21-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

One of the coolest things I did last summer was take my car to the drive-in to see TF2.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM

Now that was cool.. I'm going to keep some little yellow hot wheels transformers camaros in the trunk for the fans !!!!

Has anyone put the SS badges on the fenders? I'm thinking about it.. I think they stick on.. doesn't all the stuff like the words C A M A R O on the fenders, the SS & Transformers badges just stick on ?

Mine has the autobot badge under the camaro words or I would put them there like I just saw in a video, but I wounder how SS would look towards the front of the fenders ??
Old 01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdonnarumma
Now that was cool.. I'm going to keep some little yellow hot wheels transformers camaros in the trunk for the fans !!!!

Has anyone put the SS badges on the fenders? I'm thinking about it.. I think they stick on.. doesn't all the stuff like the words C A M A R O on the fenders, the SS & Transformers badges just stick on ?

Mine has the autobot badge under the camaro words or I would put them there like I just saw in a video, but I wounder how SS would look towards the front of the fenders ??
My step dad has the red SS emblems underneath the Camaro one but idk about down on the fenders. You might want to check out Camaro5, they've got a lot of info and pictures over there.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Cant wait to see it!!! and mod it
Old 01-22-2010, 04:58 AM
TECH Regular

I'd keep it stock. Like the movie.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Teching In

My dad has a yellow ss w/black stripes but not the transformers edition...
Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude. forget the front plate. its a not a fineable ticket. i got one not too long ago. i put the plate on, went in. paid 10 and the ticket was dismissed. ive had my car for a year and half. and even if every 6 months i had to pay 10$ for no front plate id gladly do it
Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is this car out already? I thought I saw one the other day in San Marcos.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

I have a yellow with black L99 2SS, not a transformers edition though
Old 01-23-2010, 06:49 AM
TECH Regular

Luckily in WV you don't have to have a front plate on. Unlucky for me, the GT I bought was from Ohio, and had the holes already in there. :/
Old 01-23-2010, 11:22 AM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 02ws666
dude. forget the front plate. its a not a fineable ticket. i got one not too long ago. i put the plate on, went in. paid 10 and the ticket was dismissed. ive had my car for a year and half. and even if every 6 months i had to pay 10$ for no front plate id gladly do it

I like in mass. I don't know what the law is in mass. It's chapter 90 section 6 of the MGL. The RMV/DVM says that it is an equiptment violation. I insurance agent from arb*lla and Gi*co both say they can raise my insurance for that type of violation..

I drive a serious vehicle for a living CDL A /Hazmat... So tickets effect my employment & my car insurance... I have a driving clean record for a long time.

So any front plate solutions? The dealer has the factory one (not), & another one that bolts on from the bottom then a plate bracket bolts into that from the bottom center of the nose and comes up. It has foam behind it to protect the car. The other one is the show and go manual bracket.

Does anyone know is the license plate has to be in the middle(center) of the nose in Mass ?
Old 01-23-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Medic/Z28
Is this car out already? I thought I saw one the other day in San Marcos.
The car is available right now. You might find one at the dealer. They stopped producing them about a week or two ago.

I'm curious to see how many there are. I've seem two in Mass. I bought one of them...

I don't think there are special codes in the vin for this option...
But GM says they know. Anyone know the code?

Anyone have a bumblee out there?
Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

check out camaro5.com

lots of license plate options that dont require drilling, plenty of people with Transformers cars too
Old 01-24-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

yep....camaro5...the rpo tag will tell you if it is a transformers edition or not. ended up being a rare run of those cars...I think it'd be neat for sure. I like my silver one with carbon grey stripes though.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like moderncamaro.com better, both are informative sites.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by grocerygetter
yep....camaro5...the rpo tag will tell you if it is a transformers edition or not. ended up being a rare run of those cars...I think it'd be neat for sure. I like my silver one with carbon grey stripes though.
Hi, What is an RPO tag? Also, I've only seen 2 of these cars in my area.. I went to 5 dealerships.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

nice ride, if you dont mind sharing how much was it out the door?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
nice ride, if you dont mind sharing how much was it out the door?
I got it for $2300 under sticker, but I'm getting all the extended warantee, the road hazard tire coverage, & the Zylon (Xlon I don't know how to spell it) paint treatment for about $1800.. I think I got a really good deal on everything.

My biggest issue is still the front plate. I bought the show and go, but didn't like it because it looks like when it flips open in might press against the car. It flips open at a 90 degree angle but I think to mount it from underneath the nose is lees than a 90 degree angle.

Quick Reply: 2010 Transformers Special Edition Camaro SS/RS